Got the phone last Friday and I was getting killer battery life over the weekend getting over 4 hours of screen time and was going to bed with 50% left in the tank. Now this week it seems like the battery is getting worse and worse. I do work in a basement and get 2 bars so I am hoping that's the case but I have wife on auto brightness on NFC off bt off 4G lte on power saver on Samsung gimmicky apps like eye scroll and such off.

Do these stats seem right? Unplugged at 7:30 this morning. 79 percent now. Five and half hours of battery and 43 minutes of screen time

Does they seem low or do you think it is the mediocre cell service doing me wrong

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails AT&T battery life note 3-1382547721368.jpg  
    10-23-2013 12:03 PM
    Also here is a screen shot of the battery usage a few minutes later AT&T battery life note 3-1382548192006.jpg

10-23-2013 12:10 PM
    Auto brightness is actually bad for battery. The sensor has to constantly sense the light in the room. To adjust if needed.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    10-23-2013 01:37 PM
    How do you figure that. Does the sensor really use that much juice.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-23-2013 05:33 PM
    Yeah thanks for the reply but auto brightness shouldn't be the culprit

I reset my phone to get a clean slate

Tomorrow i will see if the okay battery still occurs

Don't get me wrong i don't have a rapid drain but i am getting s4 type battery

10-23-2013 05:39 PM
    Same here. I had my note 3 on the 3rd and was getting killer battery life as long as I was on wifi. On avg I was getting 8 hours of screen time and was only at 10% battery life left. I even got 10 hours screen on time before hitting 1%. But every since yesterday I've been getting horrible battery life. 3-4 hrs of screen time and I'm at 12%. I'll do a reset tonight also. PS my power saver is off and all the gimmick features are off as they always were.
    10-24-2013 03:28 AM
    Phone is dead after only 10 hrs on battery with about 2.5 hrs of screen time. I gotta figure this out.
    10-25-2013 12:35 AM
    The horrible battery life is due to poor signal. When your phone is constantly searching for signal your battery will drain like none other!
    The screen would be second on the list. If you want optimal battery life keep the brightness on the lowest setting.
    There also could be an app "misbehaving". You could use an app called "Watchdog". It will tell you exactly what apps are battery hogs.

Hope this helps !

10-25-2013 07:42 AM
    Also here is a screen shot of the battery usage a few minutes later Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1382548192006.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	88503

I've never had the OS using more battery than screen. Screen is always top of my list unless indexing service is running. You probably have a rogue process or something is still enabled that is really using a lot of battery.

ATT N3
    10-25-2013 12:35 PM
    The horrible battery life is due to poor signal. When your phone is constantly searching for signal your battery will drain like none other!
    The screen would be second on the list. If you want optimal battery life keep the brightness on the lowest setting.
    There also could be an app "misbehaving". You could use an app called "Watchdog". It will tell you exactly what apps are battery hogs.

Hope this helps !

Well I haven't changed my screen brightness setting. It was always on auto. I'm not going to any new places that would have a diff/weaker radio signal. My bars are always around 2-3. But I was getting great battery life. Last night my ohine died and I still had 4 hours to be at work. I usually have 30-45% battery left at this point. One thing I've noticed is that it doesn't matter how much or how little you use the phone; the battery will last the same amount of time. I usually get between 16-18 hours on battery before she dies. I coukd have used it heavily (8 hrs of screen time, mostly downloading apps and surfing the web) or hardly (2-3 hrs of screen time, web and email) the phone is still dead around the same time each night.

10-25-2013 08:55 PM
    I've never had the OS using more battery than screen. Screen is always top of my list unless indexing service is running. You probably have a rogue process or something is still enabled that is really using a lot of battery.

ATT N3
    OS just recently started using more battery than my screen the other day. Still trying to figure out why.

10-26-2013 09:27 PM
    I figured it out. It was myfitnesspal wedgit that was draining my battery. Back to great battery life for me.

KevLar72 likes this.
    10-26-2013 10:18 PM
    I figured it out. It was myfitnesspal wedgit that was draining my battery. Back to great battery life for me.

Congrats !
    It's always signal or an App that causes bad battery life.
    Ever since Jelly Bean was released Android has had better than average battery life.
    10-27-2013 02:30 PM