Headphones

redrover69

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
WOW

So

I got my note 3 about a week ago. I dont really use headphones but Im going on a trip and for music and a few movies I put on the note 3.

I go get the box...open it notice that the only thing left in the box are a few spare tips for the S pen.

WTF no headphones...Im like where did they go??? I wouldnt take them out...I had an S4 before and I never used the headphones..

Is it me or thats kinda chinsy on ATT not to package headphones? Meantime Im using an old set of iPhone 5 ones.

I called ATT they said that there arent any in the box....wowsers! a 725 retail phone or 300 with contract phone and no headphones...

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
WOW

So

I got my note 3 about a week ago. I dont really use headphones but Im going on a trip and for music and a few movies I put on the note 3.

I go get the box...open it notice that the only thing left in the box are a few spare tips for the S pen.

WTF no headphones...Im like where did they go??? I wouldnt take them out...I had an S4 before and I never used the headphones..

Is it me or thats kinda chinsy on ATT not to package headphones? Meantime Im using an old set of iPhone 5 ones.

I called ATT they said that there arent any in the box....wowsers! a 725 retail phone or 300 with contract phone and no headphones...
I don't think any of the Note 3 variants in the U.S. get the headphones in the box. I'd recommend you buy the Klipsch S4A if you want a good quality pair for less than $50, if you don't want to spend anything, just use the iPhone 5 ones, they're better than the stock Samsung ones.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I've had all three notes and none came with headphones. Dumb corner to cut. I'm old so I just get the Sammy ear buds from amazon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

infinity12402

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
when i searched for those they came up as $70. samsung sells the earbuds that comes with the s4 on their website for $30. they also sell a cheaper pair for $20.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
On amazon I just get the $4-6 Sammy ones... like I said, I'm old so I'm more accepting of 'good enough'

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
On amazon I just get the $4-6 Sammy ones... like I said, I'm old so I'm more accepting of 'good enough'

Really? I'd think the younger you are the less you care about sound. See: Beats by Dre sales

Posted via Android Central App

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Just like our eyes, our ears go... In a crowd it's rare I can have a conversation. So hearing aids wouldn't help me it'd just make the roar louder. Then again the music I listen to is stuff I know by heart. Beatles, CCR, Dylan, Bob Wills, Hank Williams Sr & Jr, Charlie Daniels, Simon & Garfunkel.
I can queue that all up in my head and hum along.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Just like our eyes, our ears go... In a crowd it's rare I can have a conversation. So hearing aids wouldn't help me it'd just make the roar louder. Then again the music I listen to is stuff I know by heart. Beatles, CCR, Dylan, Bob Wills, Hank Williams Sr & Jr, Charlie Daniels, Simon & Garfunkel.

Yeah, so wouldn't a good pair of them be better? Some isolate the sound and allow you to hear certain sounds that you can't with others.
I get your argument though, when I can't hear my music because some outside noise is louder I just sing along.
You have good taste in music, sir :) I like a few of those as well

beh

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I use a pair of Beats Solo Wireless headphones. They sound great and I don't have to pretend I want to be an isheep and be tethered to my phone;^)

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site

Love your taste in music.

I am with a different carrier and we did the the headphones in the box.

BTW - hearing aids would help with voices in a crowd. I have very bad hearing (40% loss in left ear, 60% in right, and specifically high frequency, where children and women talk, my wife does not believe that). I got hearing aids and was very surprised, they don't amplify all sound, just the frequencies you have issues with. what a difference. I also have a mode that takes out the background noise in a loud restaurant. They are not cheap, but the new digital aids are wonderful. Best 6K I ever spent.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
According to my ENT they wouldn't help.
Hearing aids, the industry, is a huge rip. It's just technology, and they should be as cheap as glasses... now, I admit my frames are imported from England so I pay a premium... but you get my point.

vr002sh

Feb 11, 2011
Visit site
According to my ENT they wouldn't help.
Hearing aids, the industry, is a huge rip. It's just technology, and they should be as cheap as glasses... now, I admit my frames are imported from England so I pay a premium... but you get my point.

Depending on your loss, they may not. Sounds like you did the right thing and got a professionals opinion. Best of luck

For me, I can take mine out and the world disappears for a bit.

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I just turn to my wife and ask what they said...unless it's a moron speaking. Then I just smile & nod.

Pooh360

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
WOW

So

The sprint and t-moble versions comes with headphones and the original box

Posted via galaxy note 3

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah! I've been reading that. Like at&t opened the boxes and took them out.
Bastards.
And having an ampersand in your names AND only being 1/4 of the name slows my typing...
BUT, to be honest sprint and tmobile offer really sucky svc and coverage

Pooh360

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
Yeah! I've been reading that. Like at&t opened the boxes and took them out.
Bastards.
And having an ampersand in your names AND only being 1/4 of the name slows my typing...
BUT, to be honest sprint and tmobile offer really sucky svc and coverage

I guess the coverage depends on where u live because I'm with sprint and my coverage is good and I like that the sprint version doesn't have any carrier branding on it

Posted via galaxy note 3

bigbuc

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I paid full price and wondered after the fact if i should have got the t mobile one. But I'm about 100 miles from the nearest store. Thanks y'all

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan