Galaxy Note 3 power/standby button problems!!!

Atros87

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Ive recently obtained the galaxy note 3, its still hasnt been a week since purchased and im notincing that sometime to see a notification or unlock the phone I have to apply a bit force on the power/standby button to unlock. Sometimes if i press it slow the phone doesnt do anything. Is this normal on these phones?, i ask because I was an iphone user and switched toandriod.

Posted via Android Central App

Atros87

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to add, today i went to the same att store ive bought the phone and explained the problem. And employee took the phone and was trying to see if she too noticed the problem and she said that the phone was fine and detected no problem.

Posted via Android Central App

csq86

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem, but also my note 3 overheated very often and drained too much battery. I could also observe some performance lacks. It seems that after I removed my SD card the problems are gone.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Ive recently obtained the galaxy note 3, its still hasnt been a week since purchased and im notincing that sometime to see a notification or unlock the phone I have to apply a bit force on the power/standby button to unlock. Sometimes if i press it slow the phone doesnt do anything. Is this normal on these phones?

No, I've never had that problem on my Note 3 (currently running 4.4.2). If I did, I'd try a factory reset. If that didn't fix it, I'd insist on exchanging the phone.

mohammad asad khan

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Im having a similar problem..got the phone a month ago..my apps usage would heat up the phone often. Starting 10 days ago the power button wouldnt respond occasionally. Gradually became more often. Now its totally irresponsive. At one press the phone is supposed to go to standby...but it does nothing..if somehow after a very long press i manage to switch it off..it takes another unpredictable long press to switch it on.

Done factory reset..no improvements.

Pls help...all other functions are perfect.