This is my second Note 3. Nothing was wrong with the first one. I returned it because I did an impulse buy and bought a Nexus 5. The Nexus went back and I reordered the Note 3. Expensive method to determine what I wanted, I know ($35 restocking fee on the Note, plus shipping on the Nexus), but I fell in love with the screen and the feel of it (minus the USB opening on the bottom that hurt the way I normally hold it.) I must be holding it wrong.

Anyway the last Note was perfect. No issues. With the new one, in the same locations, I get almost no bars/dBs of coverage. I get random screen rotations. I get my Micro SD card randomly decide not to show whats on it without an unmount/mount procedure. I also got the reboot loop that other people were complaining about.

The main thing I notice is that even with normal usage, I was getting 24 to 30 hours of usage between charges. On this new one, I was down to 30% after only 12 hours with 2 hours of screen time. It dropped 39% in about 5 hours. And I barely got 20 to 24 hours. And it seems to drain faster with WiFi connected than with just LTE.

Im wondering if its just the software update that AT&T pushed out. Or maybe I just got a bad one this time?

I've already done a reset and reload. Id hate to do it again, but if I must

Im just hoping that other than the reboot loop that I know wasn't just me, that other people experience this problem.

Im going to have AT&T ship me a new one before its too late. I love this phone, just not the latest issues.
    11-19-2013 10:17 PM
    I would swap it at local store. they shouldn't charge for exchange since this one is defective. I too am on my 2nd Note 3 but both of mine, knock on wood, are doing great.
    I get 20-25 hours with 3-4 hours on screen time but I am on wi-fi at home and work.
    11-19-2013 10:27 PM
    Many folks have indicated since the att update that they have seen a decrease in battery life. I really can't vouch as I have only had mine for three days and the update pushed day one. I am seeing about 17hrs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    JellyBeanGurl likes this.
    11-20-2013 09:49 AM
    I have 30-40% charge remaining after a day of moderate use. Same before and after the Android update.
    11-20-2013 10:20 AM
    My use is about the same as before the update. I consider a good day 15 hours plus on the phone. Lately I've been using the phone with two and three hours a day of talk time +2 and three hours a day of screen time and getting 15 hours of use.
    11-20-2013 07:39 PM
    So I got AT&T to swap the phone within my 14 day window. Got it working exactly like I wanted and 12 hours later, AT&T forced the update on me after I kept hitting postpone. Grrrrr.

So far it was working great. Of course, I couldn't get a gauge of the battery life in only 12 hours, but it was looking promising.

If I start having the same issues as before, I'll know that it was probably a combo of an app I downloaded and the new update.

Right now it's optimizing my apps.
    11-23-2013 02:41 PM
    Can anyone provide feedback as of why my note 3 is using more than 40% of the battery even after I have set all possible power-saving settings? I also reduced the time out of the screen and the brightness. Nothing seems to help.
    11-26-2013 01:52 PM
    Using 40% how quickly? How much screen usage and phone usage does your phone show when the battery is low? Consider carefully looking at each program and for any programs that check the internet (email, weather, twitter, readers. . . etc) set them to the most infrequent number of checks. Off- if they will do that. It was clear to me that my old phone could not handle checking 4 email accounts as needed. I had to set 3 of them to manual.
    11-29-2013 02:06 PM