I am not a power user, but a constant user. I had the HTC one X and was used to spelling out a contact's name on the 10 digit phone pad. This is a smooth experience on Sense, a frustrating and many step experience on the NOTE 3. I have a couple thousand contacts, and many have several numbers associated. I set up a folder of one touch dialers for my most frequent. I want a new phone app! Help!
    12-01-2013 06:06 AM
    I am not a power user, but a constant user. I had the HTC one X and was used to spelling out a contact's name on the 10 digit phone pad. This is a smooth experience on Sense, a frustrating and many step experience on the NOTE 3. I have a couple thousand contacts, and many have several numbers associated. I set up a folder of one touch dialers for my most frequent. I want a new phone app! Help!
    How so frustrating? If I dial 666 it will show "Mom" since that's how you spell mom.... So... What's your issue?

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    12-01-2013 12:02 PM
    ok, so if Mom has a home, work, cell and fax number, and if moms bakery has all of these listings, etc, how many clicks until your phone calls the number you want.
    On the Note, one must select the carrot on the right side to display all of the contacts which match, then select the contact you want, then select the phone number you want, then tell it to dial. That's 4 steps, in addition to dialing 666. The HTC phone displayed all of the contacts with their numbers, selecting it would dial. That's one step.
    Am I doing it wrong?
    thanks
    12-01-2013 12:39 PM
    Let me try, 1-select phone, 2-select contacts, 3-slide contact name to right.
    hkreger#AC likes this.
    12-01-2013 01:06 PM
    That's a sweet trick, thanks.
    Still doesn't help with typing out the name on the 10 digit phone pad.
    12-01-2013 01:54 PM