Charging the Note 3

EviI

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Why wouldn't you? Most smartphones today are impossible to overcharge. The Note 3 is one of them.

waynezo

Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes I agree or so I thought, Samsung Tech Support and Best Buy rep both insist it will damage the battery that it will swell up or lose performance. This seems ridiculous considering the quality of Note 3. I asked Samsung to check if it has protection circuit he said No.
I still find it hard to believe. Need more confirmation

Why wouldn't you? Most smartphones today are impossible to overcharge. The Note 3 is one of them.

superakuma

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Both of them are idiots and they do not know what they are talking about. I can't imagine a flagship phone from Samsung not having an overcharge protection especially when you can fully charge the phone in about 2 hours.

junprostar

Nov 8, 2013
Visit site
Note 3 got an issue on the display getting crack due to heat. Battery gets hot when charging. I bought an external charger and I have 2 batteries just to be safe.

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Note 3 got an issue on the display getting crack due to heat. Battery gets hot when charging. I bought an external charger and I have 2 batteries just to be safe.

I'm wondering where you found this information. I, too, have an external charger and a couple of extra batteries, but still put my phone on the charger overnight. Please point me in the direction of the article(s) where you learned this.

XiphoneUzer

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Note 3 got an issue on the display getting crack due to heat. Battery gets hot when charging.

Was this simply made up, or do you have a source?

I can assure you the ONLY way to make the battery hot when charging is to charge it with too many amps.
That is impossible since the supplied transformer is very low amp just like usb ports on computers.
(so much misinformation on the internet)

lol, getting so hot the tempered glass cracks - lol gotta be kidding right?

SalixIncendium

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Search on Cracked Screen Defect.

This is what I get for being "polite" and "productive."

Let's try this again...

citationneeded.png

editionfws

May 17, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but I don't know how to link using my note 3. It's in the second page of samsung galaxy note 3 forum.

In your browser, go to where the URL is. Tap and hold then the selection box will appear. Select all, then copy. Then go to the reply message in this thread, tap and hold and select paste.

Abc...

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Tech Support and Best Buy rep both insist it will damage the battery that it will swell up or lose performance.

If the phone weren't supposed to be charged overnight, don't you think the Charging a Battery section of the user manual would mention that requirement?

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
The manual says to disconnect when the battery is fully charged

...so as to not waste energy. It doesn't harm the phone/battery if you plug in it before you go to bed at 9P, it finishes charging at 1A, but you don't take it off the charger until you awake at 7A.

Optimus G Pro

JohnnytheK

May 20, 2013
Visit site
The only harm it MAY do is slightly over heat the battery, not due to over charging. You're right about the protection circuit but when the battery is fully charged it will go into a short discharge cycle and top off the battery again. I don't think it causes any harm but you can worry about it if you want. Check out Battery university for more information.

http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Johnly

Retired Moderator
Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
The manual says to disconnect when the battery is fully charged

That is so people know it is okay to not leave it plugged in for life. Some people need to *read* that so they don't bug samsung customer service with *can I disconnect* my phone.:p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis