Google Play - Insufficient Storage ERROR - I Have PLENTY of SPACE

dankduke1

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I am running a rooted, Android 4.3 on a Samsung Note 3.

I have 4 GB free space on the phones internal storage & 3 GB free on my SD Card. I try and install Words With Friends (20MB) and it downloads, tries to install and then says ERROR - INSUFFICENT STORAGE AVAILABLE.

I have tried to reboot, shut down and restart, delete a 1GB Game and still I get the error no matter what I do.

PLEASE HELP.

What do I need to do

sauce_a_poutine

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Go into your app manager, and clear the software cache of everything, most important of all: your Playstore app cache. There could be some kind of system limit on cache and system files to allow for some leeway for the rest....

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi - I am running a rooted, Android 4.3 on a Samsung Note 3.

I have 4 GB free space on the phones internal storage & 3 GB free on my SD Card. I try and install Words With Friends (20MB) and it downloads, tries to install and then says ERROR - INSUFFICENT STORAGE AVAILABLE.

I have tried to reboot, shut down and restart, delete a 1GB Game and still I get the error no matter what I do.

PLEASE HELP.

What do I need to do

Are you running the stock browser??

Joules Beef

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
same problem here different phone.
trying to install a cache cleaner actually.
1.4 megs

have nearly a gig free on the phone.
4 gigs free on ssd

cant install anything.

reformated internal mem.. got rid of all picts and media

nothing nada.

used link2sdd which is on there.. to clear app caches.

nothing.

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
1.4 megs

4 gigs free on ssd

cant install anything.

nothing nada.

nothing.

You don't need a cache cleaner. Go to Settings, Storage. Tap on Cache. Tap on Clear.

Edit: This may not work on Android 4.3 and lower.

superakuma

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
1.4 megs

4 gigs free on ssd

cant install anything.

nothing nada.

nothing.

My wife has the same issue with her S4. I will give that a try. Thanks

ash2015

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
Hi there,
Go to Settings, Apps, All and uninstall Google Play Store.
This will replace by the old version and then you can download without " Insufficient Storage ERROR" :)
It works for me

madclocker

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
My trick was to uninstall Google Play services...then I got a notice saying that my apps would not work without it and I hit install and it went fine...now my Gmail works where before it would just say that google play services needed to be updated for Gmail to work

Last edited:

Giovannie XD

Sep 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi. please help.. i am already rebot and erase all my data.. from my phone and install a new google play but the time that i am going to update the google play service it says INSUFFICIENT memory available.. plsss help

TygerDroid

Sep 25, 2015
Visit site
I inadvertently found the weirdest fix for this issue. After I'd burned through nearly all my allotted data (cheap 1 gig prepaid plan) trying to download the system update and kept getting that "insufficient storage space" error message, I upped my data plan to 3 gigs so I wouldn't be charged for going over. Boom--the system update software finally worked properly and updated my system even though I'd given up trying to free up more internal space. If you're on a cheap 1-Gig plan, you may want to try upping your data allottment temporarily to do the system update. If your plan is prepaid, you can always crank down the data allotment for the next month's billing cycle.

Last edited: