Receive Alerts from Specific Contacts while on Silent?

anri69

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone,

New to the forum, new to Android and user of an AT&T serviced, Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

I have what may be a simple question, but for the life of me, I cannot seem to find an answer for it online or elsewhere.

I need to be able to be reached all hours of the day and night by certain callers and with texts and email from certain numbers and email addresses. Is there a way I can allow just certain callers and certain email addresses and texts alert me audibly while filtering all of the non-critical email and calls? To be more clear, when I sleep, I need to be reached by my children in case of emergency. If I put my phone to silent, they cannot reach me. If I do not put my phone to silent so that I am available to my kids, I get woken up by all emails and calls, and many that do not require my immediate attention.

Is there a way to put my phone to SILENT mode for sleep and yet allow SPECIFIC callers and email addresses to get through WITH an audible alert? I have thoroughly looked through my phone settings and it seems to me that this feature may have been left out in development?! Even a Blackberry offers this feature, so I think I must just not be seeing it.

I would greatly appreciate any solutions without having to download any app to do this for me. The only app I have downloaded and installed thus far went rogue and took over my phone, causing me to have to factory reset to rid my phone of it, so I am a little gun-shy of apps. Even Google Play ones, since that is where I got the rogue app.

Many thanks in advance.

Ryan

Last edited:

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Blocking mode will do exactly what you want. The only issue I have with it is that I hate the icon always showing in my notifications.
To access Block Mode go into system setting then go to the device tab and scroll to the bottom. Click on the blocking mode and you can set times you want your phone quiet and add contacts the are exempt.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

anri69

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Kentuc794! I appreciate it a lot. I recall looking at Blocking Mode, but I guess I didn't scroll down far enough to see where there could be exceptions added.

Again, many thanks.:)

Ryan

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm