Should I return my Note 3?

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi ive only had my note 3 for a few days and the battery life has been awful compared to what other people are getting. Mine is no where close to 2 days i can only get 13 hours max then i need to charge ive already done a factory reset and no luck. Could my device be defective? Should i return it to AT&T and get another while i still can?Screenshot_2014-02-06-21-46-22.jpg this is the best battery life i have gotten. could someone let me know what i should do please?

I also have power saving always on and screen brightness to about 16% and almost all features turned off

Last edited by a moderator:

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I get a whole day out of mine. I'm a heavy user. I start my day around 5 am at the gym streaming radio fire about an hour. I have 6 email addresses synced to my phone. Plus, I'm constantly surfing the Web, Facebook, Twitter, etc. I have my screen set to auto with bluetooth, wifi, and nfc always on.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi ive only had my note 3 for a few days and the battery life has been awful compared to what other people are getting. Mine is no where close to 2 days i can only get 13 hours max then i need to charge ive already done a factory reset and no luck. Could my device be defective? Should i return it to AT&T and get another while i still can?View attachment 103726 this is the best battery life i have gotten. could someone let me know what i should do please?

I also have power saving always on and screen brightness to about 16% and almost all features turned off

Welcome to Android Central :)
It would be very helpful if you posted screenshots of your battery stats for a day. That'll help determine what is causing the drain and maybe find a solution

Posted via Android Central App

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok I'll keep you updated today and I do play games watch YouTube etc ima heavy user I'm always on the Web. but I'll post screen shots midday and when my battery is gone today :) BTW android OS is normally a top battery user no clue why and I have started to use battery doctor.

dkeven

Dec 3, 2011
Visit site
Curious do you have a photo as your lock or home screen, earlier poster noticed it uses more battery than the stock screens due to size he reduced his to stock screen sizes and consumption went down significantly read interesting discovery thread in general note 3 forum

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
hey im here to post my midday battery usage i have been power using it for the past hour and a half browsing internet and playing clash of clans and youtube and its gone down about 18% no clue if thats normal for that kind of usage. Also found out my phone has great standby power it didn't go down in 3 hours of being unplugged not using it. Heres my battery
Screenshot_2014-02-07-11-55-16.jpg
Screenshot_2014-02-07-11-55-20.jpg
Screenshot_2014-02-07-11-55-26.jpg

Oh and yesterday before going to bed i noticed my battery had lasted 5 and a half hours on screen time i don't know if thats good for a heavy user or not could someone let me know?

Chucky1

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
How often are you losing signal from the network? In the building I work in I'm losing signal constantly so I bought an extended battery just to make it thru the day without have to charge it.

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I normally have great signal while I'm at home which these screen shots are from and I have a mobile tower I don't know why it says I'm losing signal

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
hey im here to post my midday battery usage i have been power using it for the past hour and a half browsing internet and playing clash of clans and youtube and its gone down about 18% no clue if thats normal for that kind of usage. Also found out my phone has great standby power it didn't go down in 3 hours of being unplugged not using it. Heres my battery
View attachment 103817
View attachment 103818
View attachment 103819

Oh and yesterday before going to bed i noticed my battery had lasted 5 and a half hours on screen time i don't know if thats good for a heavy user or not could someone let me know?

This actually is really good. You're on track for more than 7 hours of screen time with 20 hours off of the charger. Looks like you used airplane mode so that definitely helped.
Doesn't look like you have anything to worry about :)

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
The thing is I never used airplane mode which worries me lol do you think my battery doctor app turned it on to save battery?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
The thing is I never used airplane mode which worries me lol do you think my battery doctor app turned it on to save battery?

I haven't used that app, but it's possible if it detected that your signal wasn't great

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
I've been at home I have a mobile cell tower my signal is at full bars so I don't know what happened

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been at home I have a mobile cell tower my signal is at full bars so I don't know what happened

The cell stand by uses battery regardless of mobile signal. Having worse reception will increase the usage

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Oh well I'm kinda concerned now that my data is off and on but I'm still getting text and phone calls so it doesn't really matter I guess

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh well I'm kinda concerned now that my data is off and on but I'm still getting text and phone calls so it doesn't really matter I guess

You can get texts and calls with data off. Just not MMS

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
It's sending MRS I guess it's only turning on when I need it but when I leave the house it stays on. Do you think that is a concern and should I take this phone back to At&t to try to get a replacement? To fix my battery problem too

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
It's sending MRS I guess it's only turning on when I need it but when I leave the house it stays on. Do you think that is a concern and should I take this phone back to At&t to try to get a replacement? To fix my battery problem too

If you have WiFi on you can still send/receive MMS. Your battery seems great from what I saw

ImStevo

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Ok Thanks for the help :) I w as just worried because I wasn't getting these insane battery life