Problem with connecting PC with my Samsung Note 3

ManiaksXLR

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I have conected my samsung note 3 to my PC, but the phone doesn't recognize the conection(the PC too), but the phone is charging not knowing it, and th batterys charge is decreasing. Once I restart the phone, I can see the phone has charged to some degree. This repeats each time I try to charge it, I'm thinking that this might be a software problem, since I updated it to the new android version recently. Can I do something about this? I'd like for my pc to be able to see the phone.

P.S. how can I get rid of the option that music album covers are on my lock screen? Thanks everybody.

Last edited by a moderator:

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Re: Problem with conection with my Samsung note 3

Have you tried sliding down the notification bar, clicking the usb symbol, and changing the type of connection?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

CRUZR

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
How many amps are you charging with? If too low it technically is charging but you may be using more battery power than what is coming in. Good luck!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

Belle S

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Re: Problem with conection with my Samsung note 3

hi! I have the same issue and there's no notification on the notification bar to change the type of connection. I've been searching everywhere. I hope there's a fix to this. :(

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
When you plug the phone into the computer the usb icon should show up. Then you can click on it.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I have conected my samsung note 3 to my PC, but the phone doesn't recognize the conection(the PC too), but the phone is charging not knowing it, and th batterys charge is decreasing. Once I restart the phone, I can see the phone has charged to some degree. This repeats each time I try to charge it, I'm thinking that this might be a software problem, since I updated it to the new android version recently. Can I do something about this? I'd like for my pc to be able to see the phone.

P.S. how can I get rid of the option that music album covers are on my lock screen? Thanks everybody.

Welcome to the forums.
Have you downloaded and installed updated Samsung drivers. They can be found at Samsung's website.

Belle S

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
hi again, The usb icon doesn't show up and i have downloaded the usb drivers. My pc can detect the phone but i can't use it as a media device. It stays as charging only.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
hi again, The usb icon doesn't show up and i have downloaded the usb drivers. My pc can detect the phone but i can't use it as a media device. It stays as charging only.

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried what I suggested?

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Belle S

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I tried using both usb 3.0 and 2.0, different ports, and another laptop.
USB debugging is also enabled.
I also tried installing Kies 3 but it says device not supported.

ManiaksXLR

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
Sorry for late response. I've tried all of the suggestions, like Belle, the problem persists. Some time ago (before the update) my pc did detect my phone, so I don't think it is an issue with my usb drivers(still tried your suggestions though).

Concerning the AMPs, if I plug my phone in to the electrical socket, the problem is the same, So might be the wire, but strange that it is still charging unknowingly.

Also if I reboot my device, while it is connected to PC, and then remove the USB wire from it, it shows that USB connected. I'm thinking that something is wrong with the software.

Last edited:

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I would take it in to at&t then. Sounds like a loose charging port, which is covered under warranty.

Golfdriver97

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I tried using both usb 3.0 and 2.0, different ports, and another laptop.
USB debugging is also enabled.
I also tried installing Kies 3 but it says device not supported.

Try turning USB debugging off.

- - - Updated - - -

I have turned it off several times, doesn't work. The problem persists.

It may be a bad USB port. I would have your carrier look at it.

Belle S

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if it's the port on my case, though. The phone and PC can communicate with each other through mobogenie but I'm not sure if it's a safe software.