03-01-2017 02:10 AM
165 1234 ...
tools
    Makes no difference whether on wifi or over the cell network......either way the error occurs.
    Same here, and it's only the Play Store Home screen that doesn't work. My Apps opens up just fine, and all the other Google services (Play Music etc.) have no problems opening.
    Sonnydigs and eLCruz like this.
    02-23-2014 01:53 PM
    After you try what I recommended in the other thread, if it still doesn't work open the play store app.

Tap the menu button (3 dots on the top right)

Tap Content Filtering.

Are all the boxes checked? Make sure they are. Good luck.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2
    02-23-2014 02:03 PM
    Same here, and it's only the Play Store Home screen that doesn't work. My Apps opens up just fine, and all the other Google services (Play Music etc.) have no problems opening.
    Agreed, same here.. Only the home screen for me also..

After you try what I recommended in the other thread, if it still doesn't work open the play store app.

Tap Content Filtering.

Maybe that's the problem.. I don't see or have 3 dots..
    Thanks.
    02-23-2014 02:04 PM
    What do you see? Can you post a screenshot?

02-23-2014 02:11 PM

Tap Content Filtering.

All are already checked for me. So far nothing has helped.
    02-23-2014 02:13 PM
    I think google broke something on the last update! I'm on an SGS2 T989 4.1.2 stock rooted and ALL the above symptoms occur. How do I send a bug report? Theres no option for that in play store menu. 😤

Sent from Gallifrey using a Sonic Screwdriver via Tardis #5 :what:
    Sonnydigs likes this.
    02-23-2014 09:50 PM
    I, too, have been experiencing the same issue on my stock AT&T issued Galaxy Note 3. I have tried everything under the sun, but met with no success. Have got to believe that it's something at Google's end...perhaps a minor security/permissions change to their Play Store server that has now blocked out access via the Google Play App. I've seen issues like this before in other IT arenas, and have found that the issue revolves around the specific port number that the app uses to go through the server's fire wall has been closed in error somehow. That, or when the server security update was applied, they forgot to turn on XML/HTML access (which is what most apps are as they appear on our phones - miniature web pages). Has anyone notified Google at this point??

-Mac
    Has not been reported as far as I know..
    02-24-2014 08:56 AM
    I am having the same issues w/ my Motorla Xoom and my son's Galaxy Tab 3. More so my Xoom than the Galaxy, but also, getting the timed out when trying to get into the music store. I can get into my apps, I can search, I can get into books, movies & tv, newstand, apps & games either thru search or thru the books app. I have called google & they were supposed to have a tech call me back, that was Fri afternoon, when this started. No response yet from them.
    02-24-2014 09:06 AM
    I am having the same issues w/ my Motorla Xoom and my son's Galaxy Tab 3. More so my Xoom than the Galaxy, but also, getting the timed out when trying to get into the music store. I can get into my apps, I can search, I can get into books, movies & tv, newstand, apps & games either thru search or thru the books app. I have called google & they were supposed to have a tech call me back, that was Fri afternoon, when this started. No response yet from them.
    If they do contact you, maybe you can direct them to this thread so they can see what we have tried to resolve the issue..
    Thanks.
    02-24-2014 09:15 AM
    Will do.
    Sonnydigs likes this.
    02-24-2014 09:54 AM
    Having the same issue here... Here is how I was able to connect to the Play store home, touch the search button select or input anything to search, while it is searching hit the back arrow to cancel out and the play store home page will load. Doesn't work every time but it does work. Good luck.

Posted via Android Central App
    02-24-2014 04:08 PM
    That's the same way I have been able to do it.. Usually if I hit the back button I have access to the menu, then choose shop store or my apps. Thanks
    mikejordantx likes this.
    02-24-2014 04:14 PM
    I have the same issue on my stock Note 3 and Nexus 7 2013. It started on the morning of February 22. Just like Sonnydigs, mine "still auto updates and I can type in the search bar on the play store search option and open it that way...". It's the same whether I'm on WiFi or using cell service. I have a couple of other Android devices using the same Google Play account that are unaffected and work fine.
    02-24-2014 04:45 PM
    I had the same issue all day Sunday. I was unable to connect to the app store. Not sure what was going on. This was on an ATT Note 3. Everything seems to be fine now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    02-25-2014 06:30 AM
    I'm glad we have established that this is a more wide spread problem than first thought..
    Now if we can get a fix for it..
    Thanks for all the input..
    Good to have so much support..
    02-25-2014 08:04 AM
    Same issue here on an Evo LTE. I believe it's on googles end and account related, not device related. I havemy personal gmail that's showing the same problem. I also have my business gmail account, and when I switch to that account in the play store the home page loads fine. Switch back to my personal account, won't load again.
    02-25-2014 11:19 AM
    Per Google play, they have the issue in consult, and as soon as they have any info they will email me. She did update the notes to show I had advised that this is not just some of us, not a lot of us. Best suggestion start calling & bombarding them about this. Might be the only way to get fixed.
    02-25-2014 12:22 PM
    Thanks.
    Can you give us a # or email address to contact them.
    Sonny
    02-25-2014 12:38 PM
    Having the same issue on both my Verizon Moto X (MotoMaker) and Nexus 7 tablet. It's been about a week with the issue of "Connection Timed Out", I was able to temporarily fix it by doing the clock fix (changing time) but it goes right back to the error after the app is closed. Frustrating. Seems to have started around the google services outage I believe on Feb 21-22
    02-26-2014 07:42 AM
    Received an AT&T update this morn.. Still can't connect to Play Store..
    02-26-2014 07:44 AM
    Add me to the list, same issue GN3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    02-26-2014 08:02 AM
    I had to go to google play help online, if you click on a few app issues, it will eventually give you a button for them to call you back, just type in which phone # & they will call back w/ 30 seconds. From there it is just complain to them.
    02-26-2014 09:36 AM
    Thanks.
    02-26-2014 10:01 AM
    I've had the same issue for about 2 days now. I have both a Note 3 and a Nexus 7 (2013). I actually have 2 gmail accounts and find that the issue is only occurring with one of my gmail accounts. The issue occurs with my primary gmail account. When the issue first occurred, I could access all shops except the music shop in the Playstore on this account. I would get the Connection Timed Out message only for the Music store. Now I get the Connection Timed Out when I attempt to open the Playstore app and cannot go to any of the stores. I can go to My Apps and see what I have installed or available to Install (because it's on the other device).

Originally all the simple suggestions worked, cache cleared.. worked..not anymore..Force Stop the app..worked..not anymore....reset device...worked...not anymore...

I even thought I discovered the answer which involved removing the gmail account from one of my devices, leaving on only one of them and opening the app store..WORKED!! but not anymore...

I think it's odd that I can open that app with the nonprimary gmail account...so I'm not sure if the app is gone bad or if our gmail accounts are somehow affected. I sent in a ticket to gmail support yesterday and a guy named Zach did reply. He told me it was because I didn't have any payment setup in the Google Wallet. Well I updated that information because indeed my credit card information had recently changed, but I'm still having the same connection issue.. I'm not sure why my credit card information would stop me from "connecting" if anything, I'd think it would stop me from "purchasing"...

I'll send him a link from this forum to show him that Google seems to have an issue and it's, not just me thankfully...

Hopefully we get an answer soon...if I get one, I'll be sure to post it here...
    readhpr and justice4all77 like this.
    02-26-2014 01:00 PM
    Galaxy Note 3 owner here. Using an unrooted TMobile phone. The issue began for me last night. All attempts to fix it have failed and seeing as how some of you have even restored your phones without success I'll skip that step. This absolutely has to be a Google issue. From reading this thread it looks as if something is spreading and is beginning to affect more users each day (as I said, it began affecting me yesterday). Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) Google will recognize the issue and fix it.
    AaShray Mishra likes this.
    02-27-2014 08:11 AM
165 1234 ...