Google Play Store- Connection Time Out- Retry?

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm not able to connect to the play store.. It says "connection Timed Out"... Retry.. AT&T Samsung Note 3
I have cleared the cache, data, force stop also uninstalled play store updates, Checked time and date, and everything else I can find in searches to do..
The strange thing is it still auto updates and I can type in the search bar on the play store search option and open it that way...
I've tried it with WiFi and network but nothing works.. Continue to get, "Connection Timed Out"... Retry..
Running Nova Prime Launcher..
I have done system backups in nova but not sure what I will loose if I do a restore..
Any help appreciated...
Thanks....

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
You mentioned you cleared the cache... What I'd try first is clearing the whole systems cache and proceed from there. Could clear up possible glitches causing your issue

Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:

Volume Up key
Home key
Power key

When 'GALAXY Note 3' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.
With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
You mentioned you cleared the cache... What I'd try first is clearing the whole systems cache and proceed from there. Could clear up possible glitches causing your issue

Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
Turn off the device.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:

Volume Up key
Home key
Power key

When 'GALAXY Note 3' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.
With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

Thanks for your help but that also failed to fix the problem..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your help but that also failed to fix the problem..

Try resetting app references in Settings> application manager> menu> reset app preferences. Sometimes this help with Play issues.

From a Sprint Moto X using AC Forums app

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Try resetting app references in Settings> application manager> menu> reset app preferences. Sometimes this help with Play issues.

Thanks...
Just tried that with no luck..
If I do a system restore will I loose all my apps, page layouts, my music and photos??
Thanks..

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks...
Just tried that with no luck..
If I do a system restore will I loose all my apps, page layouts, my music and photos??
Thanks..

Apps and data, yes. Most of the other stuff, it would be a good idea to back it up

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Apps and data, yes. Most of the other stuff, it would be a good idea to back it up

Thanks, not sure I want to hassle with it..
I still receive my app updates and I can go to the search bar on the play store and get in that way..
That's what is so confusing that it all works but a bit of hassle getting into it.. Auto update still working fine as said..

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Ok...this may sound stupid, but just a suggestion....

You may want to try to reinstall the Google Play app. There are place where you can find the APK.

Here is the link to the site where you can download the latest Google Play APK...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2013/...play-store-activity-iap-indicators-and-more/

My thinking is that if you reinstall the latest Google Play app, it might reset it.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Ok...this may sound stupid, but just a suggestion....

You may want to try to reinstall the Google Play app. There are place where you can find the APK.

Here is the link to the site where you can download the latest Google Play APK...

Download: Latest Google Play Store 4.5.10 With Shared Play Store Activity, IAP Indicator, And More

My thinking is that if you reinstall the latest Google Play app, it might reset it.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Thanks, I was looking at that but not sure if I have the nerve to try that..
I looked for the most recent apk 4.5.10 but was unable to find it..
I see no way to uninstall play store, is it necessary??

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
The link for the 4.5.10 version is at the bottom.

Also, I can confirm that it is safe to download and sideload from the sites that Android Police link to, because that is the way I have always loaded the Google Play Store app updates to my phone.

Also, no, you will not have to uninstall your current Play Store app.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Thanks,
Do I have to uninstall play store from N3 prior to side loading the new app??
If so I don't see an uninstall for it??

Personally, I have never had to uninstall the Google Play Store app. Every time I have done an update, I have just downloaded the Google Play Store APK, and just installed it on my phone.

The only error message I get is one waring me that I am installing an app that did not come from the Play Store.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Personally, I have never had to uninstall the Google Play Store app. Every time I have done an update, I have just downloaded the Google Play Store APK, and just installed it on my phone.

The only error message I get is one waring me that I am installing an app that did not come from the Play Store.

Sent from my RCT6378W2

Downloaded the 4.5.10 apk..
Installed it and same error message..
Thanks for your help though..
Not sure what to try next, maybe an older version apk..

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I'm having the same Retry error when I open up Google Play on both my Moto X and my Nexus 7 (2012). It started yesterday. I have cleared the Google Play cache, and the Google Play data, which didn't help, and I finally removed my Google (gmail) account from both devices, and then put it back. I think that actually fixed it temporarily on my phone, but it is back to the same problem today, and removing/readding my account on the tablet did no good whatsoever. I am still getting app updates, and can get into the My Apps section of the store from updates in the Notifications, but just opening up Google Play gives me the error. Everything else is working fine, including Google Books, Google Music, etc. Running a totally stock Moto X (on VZW). (I realize this is the Galaxy Note forum, but this seems to be the exact same problem).

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm having the same Retry error when I open up Google Play on both my Moto X and my Nexus 7 (2012). It started yesterday. I have cleared the Google Play cache, and the Google Play data, which didn't help, and I finally removed my Google (gmail) account from both devices, and then put it back. I think that actually fixed it temporarily on my phone, but it is back to the same problem today, and removing/readding my account on the tablet did no good whatsoever. I am still getting app updates, and can get into the My Apps section of the store from updates in the Notifications, but just opening up Google Play gives me the error. Everything else is working fine, including Google Books, Google Music, etc. Running a totally stock Moto X (on VZW). (I realize this is the Galaxy Note forum, but this seems to be the exact same problem).

I appreciate your input.. Please keep me posted, I've tried all I know to try and have this floating on 2 android forums with no fix.. Hoping the kitkat update will sort it out.

readhpr

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
I appreciate your input.. Please keep me posted, I've tried all I know to try and have this floating on 2 android forums with no fix.. Hoping the kitkat update will sort it out.

I'm starting a new thread about it in the General News & Discussion forum, since this seems to be a more general problem not limited to a particular device.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
It may be a general problem.

Try removing the gmail account in Settings/Accounts. Then add a new account, same login, same password.

kct1975

Jul 1, 2013
Visit site
Downloaded the 4.5.10 apk..
Installed it and same error message..
Thanks for your help though..
Not sure what to try next, maybe an older version apk..

Sorry to hear that! :(

At this point, I'm stumped. Sorry.

As you suggested, maybe downloading to an older version might work.

Sent from my RCT6378W2