New (fake) N3 User

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: New N3 User

I've seen plenty of the fake handbags and other designer lines but expensive electronics, that's a whole different ballgame and certainly more involved.

Posted via Android Central App

There are a ton of fake Xiaomi phones, which are harder to identify as fake here because they're rare in the US. They make tons of fake SD cards and just about everything.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site

That's a good idea Kentuc, or maybe a STOLEN phone. Of course the ad was deleted, but I did find another ad with his phone number selling marijuana products. I will find him, I will...

I feel your pain and I hope you are able to apprehend him. I would definitely go the stolen phone route and who knows maybe getting the police involved you will get your s4 back.

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site

That's a good idea Kentuc, or maybe a STOLEN phone. Of course the ad was deleted, but I did find another ad with his phone number selling marijuana products. I will find him, I will...

Was it on Craigs list???
That really sucks.. I would contact the website where he is selling them..
This is the second fake N3 thread I've seen in the past 2 days..
Also would have someone call the guy up and set up a meeting to buy something, then it would be on!!
Good luck, keep us posted..

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the only reason I don't buy used phones... I know most do and it's usually okay but just to many untrustworthy people out there.

I hope you can get this settled!

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

chitoz28

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Nothing yet, he lives in a different town than where I am. I spoke to my cousin who is a sergeant of detectives where I live, I gave him some info and it didn't get us any where. I asked if I should contact the police where the deal went down and he said they probably won't do anything since I don't have any info to go off of. So in the mean time, I have some friends on the look out for the vehicle description, which is a black 98 two door tahoe with a little lift on it. And now I have this crappy phone to use and it's horrible, like big fat turd status. I really hope I can find this guy.

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Could you go back to where you got your s4 and see if they have records of your IME and just have them shut it off. At minimum he will be miserable also without a working phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

zapfrog

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Could you go back to where you got your s4 and see if they have records of your IME and just have them shut it off. At minimum he will be miserable also without a working phone.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

This all the way. Report it stolen to your carrier and it essentially gets bricked.