Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is getting KitKat on AT&T now!!

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 is getting Kit kat on AT&T now!!

Well, when you guys get KitKat, tell me what problems you're having - I have the updater frozen, and it stays that way until I hear of a working version of KitKat.

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site

Would be nice if they fixed the wifi issue with KitKat. Not sure if that's been fixed though

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

Well, when you guys get KitKat, tell me what problems you're having - I have the updater frozen, and it stays that way until I hear of a working version of KitKat.

Yep....what he said!!

CRUZR

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Originally Posted by Rukbat

Yep....what he said!!

Yeah, what both of them said!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
Oy. You know, it seems like every time we get a new version, there are people wailing that "I want to keep Honeycomb," or "Why can't I stay with Ice Cream Sandwich?" I mean, anyone want to get back to Gingerbread or Froyo? Personally, I want KitKat. I'm used to the inevitable horror stories.

CRUZR

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Oy. You know, it seems like every time we get a new version, there are people wailing that "I want to keep Honeycomb," or "Why can't I stay with Ice Cream Sandwich?" I mean, anyone want to get back to Gingerbread or Froyo? Personally, I want KitKat. I'm used to the inevitable horror stories.

barskin, I'm glad your ready for kitkat!
That doesn't mean I don't want to know what the known problems are with upgrading to kitkat before going there!
Signed by a guy who's new to Android and likes to be an informed user!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
This is simply because people are afraid of change. Because it is different something has to be bad about it. Let's also ignore all of the improvements and security updates it brings.

Most of the change logs I have heard of for devices are reporting around a 20% performance jump. We certainly can't have that.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

maverick96

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This is simply because people are afraid of change. Because it is different something has to be bad about it. Let's also ignore all of the improvements and security updates it brings.

Most of the change logs I have heard of for devices are reporting around a 20% performance jump. We certainly can't have that.

AT&T needs to get KitKat out to us Note 3 users immediately. This is becoming absurd.

Posted via Android Central App

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
It is absurd. But not out of the ordinary. Really when has att ever been fast to act.

Really what we need to do is get legislation to remove the carrier added software and just let Samsung do it all. Just like the Nexus line and Google.

tycheers

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
At&t should be ashamed of themselves wanting to control everything with us users. Of course they could care less...not to mention the Note 3 doesn't even come in the Samsung box. (That's a whole different issue, just terrible how they do some things

Posted via Android Central App

Eddster

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site

That's another reason I left android wifi connection was horrible.

Tapped out on my GOLD 5S

I agree. I too returned my Note 3 (very nice phone btw) and bought an iPhone 5s. I just missed iOS too much. To me, it is more polished overall...and of course, that's MY opinion. I'm eagerly waiting to see what Apple has to offer in the way of larger screen sizes later this year.