TouchWiz home. WHY?

ZoeGraystone

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Every time I use the home button, I now get the TouchHomeWiz icon. Is there a way around it?
And while I'm at it, I set an alarm 2 days ago for the first time and now I can't get rid of the notification.:-X

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central :)
When you press the home button, it should show two options for your launcher. Select the TouchWiz launcher and hit always. That will eliminate the message every time you press home.
If you delete the alarm the notification will go away

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for our reply. I just migrated from iPhone to Android so I'm trying to educate myself. What is the advantage of the TouchWiz Home?

The second option is "easy mode." I'm not very fond of that one, it just has a few app icons and you can't add widgets or change the wallpapers. TouchWiz home is the default launcher, and it allows you to customize more as well as add shortcuts/widgets.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Every time I use the home button, I now get the TouchHomeWiz icon. Is there a way around it?
And while I'm at it, I set an alarm 2 days ago for the first time and now I can't get rid of the notification.:-X

You may try long pressing on the notification and choose app info.. Then click force stop..
Should eliminate the notification..