Is anybody else just waiting for a 5 inch or better iPhone??

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I really like my note 3 and if it wasn't for jailbreaking apple would be boring. I ask myself if all phones were the same size would I have switched to android?? The answer is no

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Is anybody else just waiting for a 5 inch or better iphone??

I'm sure there are a lot of people who switched purely because of the size of the iPhone, but if Apple were to release a new one with a larger screen, a lot of those users would probably switch back.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 running SlimKat 4.4.2

kway_NY

Nov 9, 2013
Visit site

From a flip, to 4 and then 4S. No ! Battery, pen, and other settings is where it's at for me.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site

I might if the screen was around 5 inches. But I'd also keep my note 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Flyin2low

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site

I was waiting and waiting. But I gave up and switched to Android. I probably won't go back to Apple.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site

When Apple finally releases a larger phone, it will be a weird size they will call revolutionary & amazingly perfect. My guess is it will be 4.6ish inches & about the same size as the Moto X. Not because I own one, its just my gut feel. That will keep the overall phone size about the same as it is now.

It would not get me to switch to an iPhone. I feel that is taking a step backwards.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

After having this Note 3, no, I could never go back to apple, under nearly any circumstances.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

"Is anybody else just waiting for a 5 inch or better iphone??"

No.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

When Apple finally releases a larger phone, it will be a weird size they will call revolutionary & amazingly perfect. My guess is it will be 4.6ish inches & about the same size as the Moto X. Not because I own one, its just my gut feel. That will keep the overall phone size about the same as it is now.

It would not get me to switch to an iPhone. I feel that is taking a step backwards.

Posted via Android Central App on my Ebony backed Moto X

Don't think they can fit such a "big" screen and keep the phone small. The reason it was possible on the X is because of very thin bezels and on-screen buttons.
The iPhone has that huge round home button on the button, and a very thick bezel at the top of the phone.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

"Is anybody else just waiting for a 5 inch or better iphone??"

No.

Maybe not you, but I've seen a few Ex-iPhone users here who want a bigger iPhone. Only then will they go back...

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
The key with this premise is the assumption that the only benefit of the Note 3 is the screen. I guess that maybe true for some. But I suspect for every person that feels that way, several others have other reasons for wanting the Note 3.

I won't ever have an apple iPhone large screen or not.

Posted via Android Central App on my Note 3

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I bought the original iphone in 2007, right away....and purchased each newer iphone as soon as they came out. I switched to the HTC ONE about 8 months ago, then a Note 2, and now the Note 3. If you would have asked me 8 1/2 months ago would I ever consider moving away from the iPhone, I would have laughed at you, because I was, one of the original iphone fans!!

I cannot understand how anyone that possesses the need for change, would ever bog themselves down with a phone that dictates to you, what you can do! Now, most iPhone users like them because they are simple, and that's great for them! As for me, and my household, there will never be another iPhone here. Now, with all that said, I do still enjoy my iPad 2, but here lately, I've been seriously considering moving to an Android based tablet.

Peace, and Good Night!

Feb 19, 2014
Visit site
I think alot of people would go back to iPhone if they have made friends with our buddy android, but don't feel the need to stick with it, they will definitely go back, i even think its interesting if they tried to go bigger, but as most said on this particular forum, i own a note 3, and i got it when sites were slamming the 5S in my face, it didn't matter i wanted more features and the freedom that android phones can offer. i think the IOS 7 is a beautiful OS and in my opinion apple trying to catch up to what people really want which is a notification panel that is also a small control panel of shortcuts and better Multitasking( which in reality isn't multitasking but that's another forum post). I really don't see apple going too far with it, for fear of losing the fans, i mean i catch a lot of hate for my note 3's size but they can suck my S pen , plus my compadres with other android phones that catch a lot hate feel the same , that iPhone is cool but its not for them at the moment.

phoneaddict78

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
I think iPhone should have three sizes. One the iPhone 4 size, 5s and something closer to a 5 inch.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using AC Forums mobile app

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Don't get me wrong I really like my note 3 and if it wasn't for jailbreaking apple would be boring. I ask myself if all phones were the same size would I have switched to android?? The answer is noPosted via Android Central App
And I asked myself if they had a 6 in iPhone, would I switch? To which I emphatically say, NO. Size is only one issue for me. Add to that the S Pen, customization, MANY choices of hardware with Android, and the fact that I can't even call AT&T when I have an issue with iPhone. I have to call Apple and half the time they want to charge me for the privilage. I can't charge purchases to my AT&T account either. So you see, there really isn't much that would make me go back to an iPhone.

Last edited:

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Maybe, the iPad Air changed my mind a lot on going back to Apple. At the same time my S4 could hold me over for another year easily. Neither the 5 when I had it nor the 5s impresses me much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

itsBrandonA

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
I just traded in my 5s for the Note 3 on a whim. Went into att one day and talked about maybe seeing how to save a bit of money on my family plan and was talked into the next program. I had no intentions on trading my 5s as I'm an apple user but the note 3 always grabbed my attention. I figured, hey in a year if i don't like android i can go back to the iPhone and no harm done.

Obviously the biggest issue with the iPhone is that they seem to be afraid to do what others are doing in terms of the screen size and even something as little as changing the font. I think they are also stuck on using terms like "retina display" to make it seem like their phone has an advantage which isn't true anymore. that being said, who knows.. i am loving the note 3 so far and no issues with android, if anything i have more freedom with the os to be honest. : )

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I just traded in my 5s for the Note 3 on a whim. Went into att one day and talked about maybe seeing how to save a bit of money on my family plan and was talked into the next program. I had no intentions on trading my 5s as I'm an apple user but the note 3 always grabbed my attention. I figured, hey in a year if i don't like android i can go back to the iPhone and no harm done.

Obviously the biggest issue with the iPhone is that they seem to be afraid to do what others are doing in terms of the screen size and even something as little as changing the font. I think they are also stuck on using terms like "retina display" to make it seem like their phone has an advantage which isn't true anymore. that being said, who knows.. i am loving the note 3 so far and no issues with android, if anything i have more freedom with the os to be honest. : )

Well Apple always has been very good at marketing. When they first started out, they gained customers because they did a lot of ground breaking work and gave us a lot of "wow". These days, they tend to try and make you believe that their stuff is the latest and greatest but the fact is, many of the phones out there do most of what iPhone does. It now comes down to who does what the best and also determining what the people want most in features and then excelling at them. I really think Apple's stuborness about the whole size thing may be both a blessing and a curse. I'm fairly certain they will jump into the phablet picture sooner rather than later but I have to wonder if Steve Jobs would have stuck fast to the small size if he were still around.

Farish

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
And I asked myself if they had a 6 in iPhone, would I switch? To which I emphatically say, NO. I have to call Apple and half the time they want to charge me for the privilage. I can't charge purchases to my AT&T account either. So you see, there really isn't much that would make me go back to an iPhone.

Apple doesn't charge you if your phone is under warranty. Also I have order iPhones and other phones directly from ATT and had ATT charge my account.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz