AT&T Note 3: Soooo ummmm still waiting for 4.4.2

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Soooo the S5 is coming out soon the HTC one has a second kit kat update. My wife's s4 got the 4.4.2 update two days ago. N I'm still waiting with my att NOTE3.

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Soooo ummmm still waiting for 4.4.2

There are numerous posts here sharing the same concerns about "when" we'll get it! The answer is always the same, no matter which thread you're in..... AT&T is, what it is! Take a number, and be seated please...LOL!

SIDHARTH SOOD

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site

Dunno y is ATT sleeping on the kit kat update for Note 3.. every tom **** n harry operator has come out with it..

xsibleyx03

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

At&t has always been horribly slow pushing any kind of updates, it's now really making me think about changing to another carrier. It appears I can't root, I can't upgrade, and my bill keeps increasing.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

At&t has always been horribly slow pushing any kind of updates, it's now really making me think about changing to another carrier. It appears I can't root, I can't upgrade, and my bill keeps increasing.

Empty promises.

Root if you want, there are plenty of people on these forums that claim the kitkat upgrade is minimal at best. Sure, it may solve a few issues like the wifi connection dropping/unstable, but no one is saying for sure.

There are plenty of roms to choose from if you are not happy with touchwiz, but remember, the spen features are built in to touchwiz, so be sure to find a rom that includes them. I mean without the pen, the Note 3 is just a Galaxy 4 1/2 with a slightly larger screen.

At&t always seemed to be one of the first for updates back in the day, but in our "what have you done for me lately" mentality, it seems that they do nothing right. HTC rushed the kitkat update out and had to patch it for the wifi fix.

As you also say that your bill is increasing, well, I was pleasantly surprised when I purchased my Note 3 and the rep told me that all of my lines on my 10 GB share plan were going down. I am now spending $150 a month less on my cellular bill (yes, I have that many lines).

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

How is the family share plan I was thinking of losing unlimited to get the 15 gig version but don't know any with it to get they're opinion. Unlimited sounds good till they throttle you for using 2 1/2 gigs, makes u wonder why it's called unlimited

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

xsibleyx03

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

I was under the impression that rooting the at&t note 3 wasnt doable currently?

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

How is the family share plan I was thinking of losing unlimited to get the 15 gig version but don't know any with it to get they're opinion. Unlimited sounds good till they throttle you for using 2 1/2 gigs, makes u wonder why it's called unlimited

I have the 10GB plan and have not seen any throttling at all.

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

This is ridiculous

I know it can be hard to wait, but as someone else mentioned in another thread, the canadian carriers are releasing it, so it shouldn't be long now.

I do believe that at&t may be using the Galaxy S4 as a sink test to recognize any issues that may pop up. That could be the hold up.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Not to stray off the original thread topic but I want to say that the newer plans like the mobile share value plans at this point have not been subject to throttling unlike the older "grandfathered unlimited" data plans. Those plans are most definitely throttled at ridiculously low use levels as to prevent what AT&T and especially Verizon say is "data hogging".

With the newer plans I can speak on AT&T since this is what I have. I pay for a 30GB mobile share value plan between 2 Note 3's and 2 USB modem sticks which are used in my 2 Cradlepoint routers and there has been absolutely no throttling. I average between 28 and 29GB each month.

As for AT&T releasing 4.4.2, let them get it right before releasing it. I do not want to deal with what several of the Note 3 users in the T-Mobile threads are going through with the issues they bring up after their update.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site

Rogers in Canada just got theirs released. History has shown we generally get the update a week or two after them. Just be patient.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Aside from the minor issues with 4.3 I'm not sure why some are so anxious to update? I know kit kat is supposed to improve performance.. But I never notice lag or wish my Note 3 was faster. Perhaps it's just me? I kind of like the green battery icon on the status bar.

conanheath

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I picked up the N3 on my personal Att account at launch. Liked it so much I bought a N3 for work on Verizon. I will tell you why it takes so long for Att and Verizon to push updates. The phones are nothing alike. There are so many differences I had to relearn the settings menu. I don't have an unlocked version but I bet it's different as well. Att and Verizon have to throw their stink all over it. Like what to remove and how can we change this to a pay service and how much bloat can we get away with. It takes them forever because they have to make sure their bs bloat and added/subtracted changes don't get screwed up. But, I'm glad they take the time because it would sure **** me off to get an update only to screw things up. Google has that market covered.

ATT N3

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
From what I've read in these forums about the KitKat update. I'm kinda glad Verizon and AT&T are taking their time pushing out the KitKat update. Hopefully and maybe their making sure the "bugs" are at a minnumin. My Verizon Note3 is running nice and smooth with JellyBean and I would hate to download KitKat only to find my Note3 running like "crap".

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site

Do u still get subsidized upgrades
Think of going to 15GB plan between 2 phones cut I get throttled every moth on unlimited

GMJeff

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site

Do u still get subsidized upgrades
Think of going to 15GB plan between 2 phones cut I get throttled every moth on unlimited

I could if I pay the discounted rate for the phone up front and sign a two year agreement for that line, or do the Next thing where I pay monthly on the device.

acostapimps

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the Note 2 but if we did get the kit kat update, even if it is tomorrow, I'll just keep it on JellyBean 4.3, and it's been working great so far for me, If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

skyrocketeer

Mar 23, 2012
Visit site

Ya this is a consistent thread on every phone I have had. " When is XYZ going to get the new twinkie update????" I'm with you...I am loving the note 3 with JB...it is very stable. As soon as the update comes out , we will get flooded with "How do I UNDO the update and go back....." posts.