Is Google + backup a battery killer?

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I've never used Google+ to back up my photos but thought I would give it a try..
After turning it on last night I noticed today it is using 57% of the battery..
If I turn it off now will it continue to back up, what is now backed up?
After all the items were backed up I topped off the battery and noticed it used 36% of my battery while I slept, 6 hrs..
Not worth the drain for me..
Am I missing something or is this typical?
Thanks..

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
If you're backing up a ton of photos at once, that could drain the battery so is best done while charging.

Once everything's backed up, you'll just be uploading new photos as you take them. That probably won't use much power, unless you take a lot of photos. If you do, you can turn the G+ backup off until you're plugged in to a charger.

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
If you're backing up a ton of photos at once, that could drain the battery so is best done while charging.

Once everything's backed up, you'll just be uploading new photos as you take them. That probably won't use much power, unless you take a lot of photos. If you do, you can turn the G+ backup off until you're plugged in to a charger.

Thanks..
I was wondering if it kept them when turned off..
That answers my question..
I will continue to use it and see how it works for me...

sarkycow

Dec 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks..
I was wondering if it kept them when turned off..
That answers my question..
I will continue to use it and see how it works for me...

If you decide you don't like it and want an alternative I use Dropbox. It will pause backing up photos if you battery gets to 30% which is helpful for me because I know I won't end up with a dead battery from backing up my photos. Once you plug it into a charger it automatically starts backing up again.

Hopefully once the bulk of your photos are uploaded to Google + that the amount of battery it uses is a lot less. I know a good few people who really like having all their stuff saved with their google account.

Sarks.

Posted via Android Central App