AT&T Note 3: KitKat finally!

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I'm also not rooted but I did purchase my N3 from eBay but I checked and made sure it was a real N3

Posted via Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm also not rooted but I did purchase my N3 from eBay but I checked and made sure it was a real N3

It's probably legit...not saying it isnt. Here's why it might be different. We have 4 note 3's in my house hold...3 purchased and activated through att. My wife's N3 was purchased off of eBay from a trusted seller. We simply put her sim card in her phone and that's it. That said...her phone is the only phone that could not get the OTA. My n3 was rooted with kingo and would not do the OTA until I used Odin to restore my original FW. So with all that said...it might be because your phone was not activated with your sim...through att. Call and ask them about it..it's worth a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
Ok cool.... I have H2O sim in my N3 but the weird part is so does my wife which is in her s4 n she got her update to 4.4.2 like almost a month ago. I wonder if there is a key pad code I can type into the dialer and start the update again.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Ok cool.... I have H2O sim in my N3 but the weird part is so does my wife which is in her s4 n she got her update to 4.4.2 like almost a month ago. I wonder if there is a key pad code I can type into the dialer and start the update again.

Your issue might be related to the H2O sim. There are differences in the software between the S4 and N3. Not sure about the dialer question.

PS: Change your clock forward to avoid the time to next software check pop up.

Jake Cukich

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
What ive noticed.. very smooth. . But sometimes when I go to type in messaging app stock.. it lags and letters dont show up at all.. and when music is on lock screen pressing play and pause butten is laggy as could be.. (spotify) other than that.. good job

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
I noticed much longer charge time after the updated to KitKat. Anyone experiencing the same issue?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Something must be wrong. 5 attempts. Download it then when installing always fails at 27 %. Says install interrupted.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hhmmmm...just checked to see if I could do the update and mine tells me my software is up to date and no update is available.

Still on the 4.3

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
for those of you who are running 4.4.2 hows the battery life does it drain as bad as the t mobile variant??

So far, I've noticed no difference at all. I typically lose 6-8% overnight (mostly due to various apps like BeyondPod syncing and downloading content) and was the same last night. Went to bed at 98% and woke up at 92%. We'll see how the first whole day goes today, but so far, so good.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Got my update with no issues and one of the first things I noticed is that the phone (when talking on it) is WAY louder. I thought I had hit the speaker by mistake. :eek:

azkimbers

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the reassurances! I'll wait a little bit yet before I take the plunge but overall, this update sounds very promising!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
It looks like AT&T also added Beats Music as I did not have that before. It appears to be a subscription based service (free for 90 days and $15 /mo after that for up to 5 phones on your account). Figure I'll give it a try since it's 90 days. It takes you through a setup based on your specific music tastes. Oh and it's added to your AT&T bill after 90 days.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
It looks like AT&T also added Beats Music as I did not have that before. It appears to be a subscription based service (free for 90 days and $15 /mo after that for up to 5 phones on your account). Figure I'll give it a try since it's 90 days. It takes you through a setup based on your specific music tastes. Oh and it's added to your AT&T bill after 90 days.

It was only free for 5 days with my iphone5s. I liked it...not sure I'm willing to pay for it though. I have enough music on my Memory card

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
It was only free for 5 days with my iphone5s. I liked it...not sure I'm willing to pay for it though. I have enough music on my Memory card

It's only 90 days when using a family plan. If it was just me, it wouldn't be a big deal but several of my family are into music enough where this would be beneficial so since it's 90 days free to try it, what could it hurt? So far I'm liking the way it works. I also can find just the songs I like and get rid of the ones I don't. Muchmore efficient way of maintaining only the music you like without buying stuff you don't like. Can't hurt to try it out.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
What ive noticed.. very smooth. . But sometimes when I go to type in messaging app stock.. it lags and letters dont show up at all.. and when music is on lock screen pressing play and pause butten is laggy as could be.. (spotify) other than that.. good job

Have you updated your Samsung hub app? I had these issues, then a friend recommended updating the Samsung hub app. It updates the core apps (I.e. messaging). Now the issues are gone.

Spencerdl

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Have you updated your Samsung hub app? I had these issues, then a friend recommended updating the Samsung hub app. It updates the core apps (I.e. messaging). Now the issues are gone.

Good to know....Thanks for the info

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey everyone....a couple of update questions. When I go into my device info to check for updates, I get this message at the final screen:

image.jpg

Does this look right/ normal?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon