AT&T Note 3: KitKat finally!

Zacharyw70

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Hey everyone....a couple of update questions. When I go into my device info to check for updates, I get this message at the final screen:

View attachment 109885

Does this look right/ normal?
I think the update is still rolling out by a region/timezone basis. I think people are getting over that by setting their clocks differently and turning off auto sync time.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I tried changing the date manually ..went as far as april 30 but could not get the update..

Posted via Android Central App

There are many things that could cause issues with getting this update. If you continue to have issue after a couple of days, contact AT&T and they will push the download to your phone.

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
Me too. Can't figure it out. I've tried 5 times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

I was rooted getting the same error. I unrooted and did a factory reset and still did not work. Went to Samsung area in best buy and they updated in about 20 minutes.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T217A using Tapatalk

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
There are many things that could cause issues with getting this update. If you continue to have issue after a couple of days, contact AT&T and they will push the download to your phone.

I called ATT. They tried various things and at last told me they could not push it to my phone. They told me to wait for a few days as they are sending it in batches :(

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If after a few days, it still does not work, then take it to a Samsung location (some say BEST BUY can do it) and let them flash the rom to your device.

azkimbers

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Did y'all back up before installing the update? If so, what did you use? I keep getting notified about the update, and I'm thinking I may take the plunge soon and update. Just wanted to know if it'd be fine to not bother with backing up.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Did y'all back up before installing the update? If so, what did you use? I keep getting notified about the update, and I'm thinking I may take the plunge soon and update. Just wanted to know if it'd be fine to not bother with backing up.

I used Kies 3. I would still back up your photos to your pc...even though Kies should do it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

azkimbers

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I've got them backed up to Dropbox but I can use Kies though it looks like a moot point now. It updated for me while I was sleeping.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I went ahead and factory reset my Note 3. I have concluded my battery life was around 2 hours less compared with 4.3. Kies 3 is now restoring from the backup I created. Hoping for the best.

Edit: Wow ! I guess this is a process that takes a couple hours. Still restoring.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0.

Last edited:

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So no update for me yet. I stopped by my Samsung station in Best Buy and they don't have it available to push yet. Samsung guy busts out his N3 and says "it's not available yet"....He then goes through steps to check for an update on his N3 and what do you know, there it is! I just laughed to myself as his face reddened. These are some of the times I miss my iphone......but barely. Lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy