KIt Kat update messed up my email

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My AOL (yes, I still use AOL) will not delete from my inbox. I delete them and they come back the next time it syncs. This is with the native email app. I've done a factory reset, and that did nothing to help the situation. Any suggestions?

CRUZR

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
There is a setting for the emails to delete them on the servers when you delete them on your devise. Otherwise, it will always think you have new emails when checking as it's doing now.
Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
My Yahoo and Gmail both kept doing this. All I did was delete both email accounts from the built in email application and re-installed them. It works perfectly now. I did not need to do any factory reset.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
There is a setting for the emails to delete them on the servers when you delete them on your devise. Otherwise, it will always think you have new emails when checking as it's doing now.
Good Luck!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

That setting does not seem to be there anymore..... or I'm just missing it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
My Yahoo and Gmail both kept doing this. All I did was delete both email accounts from the built in email application and re-installed them. It works perfectly now. I did not need to do any factory reset.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

That worked! Thank you very much.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance