Note 3 KitKat fix Asap

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So I have been trying to update my note 3 for the past couple of days to KitKat. Problem is that it downloads then installs like normal until it gets to 27% n then fails. Others have reported the same problem. I'm not rooted and I have contacted Samsung they told me to contact att said it should automatically update over Wifi. I have xfinity so that's not the problem. I tried clearing the Google services cache. Nothing is working.

Posted via Android Central App

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just picked up a note from att and before I left the store the update started so I stayed on their WiFi and waited till it completed with no issues. I know the update said it needed WiFi to download so it sounds like a possible software issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
I had to go to Samsung inside Best buy to get mine to update. I just told them it would not update and they said that a lot of people are having the same problem. If you have an AT&T store they can do it also but not AT&T reseller.

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
So should I go to my local att store. N the only problem with that is I don't have att I just have att phone (N3) with my h2o sim card inside. I didn't think that was an issue because my wife has the s4 also with an h2o sim card and hers updated like 2-3 weeks ago

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I had to go to Samsung inside Best buy to get mine to update. I just told them it would not update and they said that a lot of people are having the same problem. If you have an AT&T store they can do it also but not AT&T reseller.

So should I go to my local att store. N the only problem with that is I don't have att I just have att phone (N3) with my h2o sim card inside. I didn't think that was an issue because my wife has the s4 also with an h2o sim card and hers updated like 2-3 weeks ago

Do you have a best buy near you? They should have a Samsung booth that will do it for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
No I would have to travel to one which is kinda far since I don't drive . I'm going to try something different this time I have 36 second left until I can check for the update so I'm going to take my sim card out and try it then

DCBamBam

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I tried that yesterday my N3 connected but then said it was updated to the latest software

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Just got home from work plugged my phone up to Kies and again........nothing

Unless someone releases a stock version of KK for Odin...I doubt you'll ever be able to upgrade. Unless of course you find a way to get it to a Samsung support place and get them to do it. IMO, there is something in your system files that the update doesn't like. Sorry for your troubled bro.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Wait if I root can I unroot at any point to get an ota if I am able

That's something I can't answer because I have no clue what was done to KK update that might interfere with un-root. I'm sure there are others here that will hopefully chime in and answer that one for you. Here's the bottom line on that though.... if you root, you'll ALWAYS have access to the update before unrooted users, hence there is no reason to unroot for OTA. I have 2 note 3's,,, one I'm keeping rooted and will just install updated custom roms as they come out (before carrier updates will). The other one I'll keep unrooted...but that's just me.

I'd go ahead and root, and enjoy life to its fullest, and stop worrying about carrier updates altogether :-D

PS: I have more fun with the rooted one, than the unrooted one!

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
If you don't mind a factory reset, here is a link to the Ota. Keep in mind that it will wipe everything on your device. Don't change the name or anything, just copy the file to EXTERNAL, I repeat, EXTERNAL SD card and go into recovery and apply update. AndroidFileSharing.com

I don't think his issue is downloading it, its when it starts installing....it stops at 27% which is indicative of a system/size/file change that the update doesn't like. but, its worth a shot I think!

gbrandonj

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I don't think his issue is downloading it, its when it starts installing....it stops at 27% which is indicative of a system/size/file change that the update doesn't like. but, its worth a shot I think!

Well, downloading was quite my issue! AT&T Software Update tried to convince me that my Note 3 had the latest software 4.3.

greg elmassian

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Had same issue, OTA downloads, reboots and install with progress bar gets to 27% and fails.

I had rooted with Kingo and unrooted... got the previous OTA fine.

Went to the AT&T repair center, they checked Knox, still 0x0 (Kingo does not trip knox)

They flashed (via USB) 4.3 ... then they forced an OTA via their connection to the mother ship, and got the interim release... rebooted, now the mother ship said 4.2.2 now available, again forced the OTA and have 4.2.2

This forcing of the OTA does not give the usual message, you see a notification that an update is in progress, but nothing else..

Greg

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma