AT&T Note 3 Battery Life - Post Kit Kat Update

GoBucks2372

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
I am seeing decreased battery life. I know the screen is a big one... but it seems like the Android system is using more than usual.

Anyone else? Anyone have any tips on improving it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-03-31-14-29-19.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-03-31-14-29-19.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 143

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Factory reset will resolve that. Unless of course you've already done that after updating to Kit Kat

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

charlee08

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I'm getting a full days use with over 5 hours of screen on time.

You'll hear no complaints from me about that.

Posted via my Galaxy Note 3

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
You can try going into Recovery mode, and clearing your cache there, it may or may not help. This won't erase any important data.

To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:

Volume Up key
Home key
Power key

When 'GALAXY Note 3' appears on the screen, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
Press the Power key to select and wipe the cache.
With 'reboot system now' highlighted, press the Power key to restart the device.

Jake Cukich

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
I was having the same problem. I let my phone die completely. Then charged it while it was off still. Till 100 percent. Been fine ever since

Posted via Android Central App

pmr6644

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Reports are there's going to be a android 4.4.3 update roll out relatively soon to fix this problem, apparently it's something to do with a camera battery drain issue present in the current build of 4.4.2, why this wasn't caught before rolling it out to everyone I'll never know. I too am experiencing worse battery life and high android os usage.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Decreased battery life. Getting about an hour less screen time after running kit Kat for acouple days. Switching to a larger battery anyway soon so not to worried about this.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
Battery life is really good since the update. To be fair, it was a clean install. Factory reset of 4.3, then upgrade to 4.4.2, then reinstall apps, etc.

14+ hours on battery with 5+ hours of phone time, almost 2 hours screen time, corporate push email and 51% battery. This is about 10% better than what I was seeing before KK. I hope it continues.

Delta Mike

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Tried the partition cleaning and the system draw is now below the screen for power consumption. Seems to have worked.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
I agree with the factory reset. Why play around with all this other stuff. After my factory reset my battery is way better than with 4.3. I'm glad I spent the time to do the reset.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am going on three days as a new Note 3 owner and so far I am getting 12 hours on the battery and I am a heavy user.

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
Not too shabby
rumumu6e.jpg
7yba4ehu.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I was losing around 2 hours of battery life compared to 4.3 so I ended up doing the complete wipe and re-install. I will evaluate over the next few days.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3.

Rnkriis

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here for me... Battery life was less than normal and noticed at some points the phone was getting hot and then the next thing i know, the battery went from 30% to dead and the phone was off. Did a factory reset and everything has been great, i only wished Android had a back up set up like Apple due to having an app for my work that has to be reset every time this happens. I love my Note 3 but this is one one thing i really do miss the most.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance