The best car mount for the Note 3..........Is

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
First I'm sorry if this has been asked but can't find anything in searches..
I'm looking for a quality built car mount for N-3..
I've bought several different mounts over the years for various phones only to receive them and find that they are junk..
Seems for the most part the are cheaply made of plastic and break or wear out in no time..
The biggest problem is vibration, can't even tell what is on the screen..
I'm open to any type, other than floor or Cd mount..
Any help with the name of, or link to a well built sturdy car mount would be much appreciated..
Thanks..

jlynskey79

Jun 12, 2012
Visit site
I use a ram mount with scissor holder connected to my rear view mirror. It is the perfect setup. Keeps phone for navigation in view.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks...
So it will work with the note-3?
I have ordered it..

* Update:
Just cancelled the order..
Reviews say it won't fit in the holder if it is in a protective case..
Mine is in an I-Blason case..
Too bad, it sounded great..

Last edited:

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
IBolt is what I use. Works with a case. I have been using for over a year. I bought it for my Note 2.

Posted via Android Central App

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks...
So it will work with the note-3?
I have ordered it..

* Update:
Just cancelled the order..
Reviews say it won't fit in the holder if it is in a protective case..
Mine is in an I-Blason case..
Too bad, it sounded great..

Yes it will work with case. I've not had any problems.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
I have a Trident Kraken ams case and bought an arkon car mount

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

Xopher

Trusted Member
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
My favorite mount is from SlipGrip. They are sold through eBay, so just search for them on there. The mounts are custom formed, so you need to select phone model and account for the case (if you use one). I use a Seidio case on mine that has the flip-out stand. They have a mount that accounts for the stand, and has an opening for the camera, so it can be used as a dash cam.

I have one for my car, and a RAM Mount version on my motorcycle.

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm currently using the vent mount version of this Clingo mount. It works fantastic. You do have to clean the sticky pad ever 6 weeks or so, but it will hold the phone in pretty much any case that has a flat back. I haven't tried it with a folio style cover, but I could see it not working well in that situation. Other than that, excellent mount that will work with any phone (though it does work better with flat backs like the Note than it does with curved backs like a HTC One or Moto X).

Sonnydigs

Nov 17, 2013
Visit site
I ordered it but it doesn't fit with the Iblason case on it..
No worries just have to remove the case when I use it..
Thanks to all for the replies..

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't like suction cup mounts because the suction cup dries up after a few years, and you can throw the mount away. My doesn't like them because they leave rings if you mount them on the windshield, and if you glue on a little disk to the dashboard, it's there, mount or not.

I use the Mountek mount (you get it through Amazon). It mounts in the CD slot. And it holds a Note 3 with an iBlason case. So far it's fallen out once - and I thought I broke a shock I hit that pothole so hard.

scottwood2

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
I don't currently have a RAM mount but I have used many of them over the years. I have one setup on my boat. It has to be solid on there with rough seas. They work great. You pay a little more for it but if you want solid, RAM mounts are very good.