AT&T Note 3: Isis payment app

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone using this app yet? I would have to say I really like the idea of mobile payments. Today I took my wife and daughter to the mall and most of the vending machines there were isis equipped. When I tried to open and set up the new app that came with KK it stated I needed a new secure sim card. If you have used this is it worth the fuss?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:

Brockly

Apr 7, 2014
Visit site
Re: Isis payment app

O my god isis is a pain . I wanted to use it. Though it would be cool and quick. So I sign up for it at att when I got the phone. After that it was nothing but headache. Day 2 the att guy set it up wrong. Day 3 another att set up the phone and told me to wait for the email day 5 I call is is and they had my account on hold tell I send them a fax only of my driver license And social security card Went back to att to see this is legit And they fax the info to them day 8 the fax was too dark and want me to send it again. Im Done and told them .

So I never got to see it work or got my free case from att :)

Last edited by a moderator:

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm off Wednesday so I'll probably stop in and check this out. I've had my note from day one so not sure it was available back then. Thanks for the responses.

barskin

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site

O my god isis is a pain . I wanted to use it. Though it would be cool and quick. So I sign up for it at att when I got the phone. After that it was nothing but headache. Day 2 the att guy set it up wrong. Day 3 another att set up the phone and told me to wait for the email day 5 I call is is and they had my account on hold tell I send them a fax only of my driver license And social security card Went back to att to see this is legit And they fax the info to them day 8 the fax was too dark and want me to send it again. Im Done and told them .

So I never got to see it work or got my free case from att :)
I got that request, too, about the picture of my driver's license and my social security card. I thought, what else? How about my mother's maiden name and the place I went to high school?

xsibleyx03

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site

I used it, it's not worth it. It won't allow me to use any of my bank, debit or credit cards unless they're capital one or Amex (I can't remember which) overall it is a failed attempt to block Google wallet

Posted via Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site

My issue with them is that there are NO places excepting them around where I live. The 50.00 was pretty cool though! LOL

AgentScribe

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I've used it once and week use it again but, like others, where I live the retailers accepting contact payments are limited.

Set up was easy and I did it all via my phone. Yes, this is a move to block Google wallet. I was holding out for Google's Tap-to-Pay but I'm happy with Isis.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the responses, I'll be sure to check in after I go to AT&T tomorrow.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Anyone using this app yet? I would have to say I really like the idea of mobile payments. Today I took my wife and daughter to the mall and most of the vending machines there were isis equipped. When I tried to open and set up the new app that came with KK it stated I needed a new secure sim card. If you have used this is it worth the fuss?

I signed up with it yesterday and registered for Amex Serve card (got me a free $50) and the process was relatively easy. I use a prepaid card anyway so this actually seemed real inviting to me especially given the fees involved are very minimal. I seen it as a total win-win for me and the process went very smoothly. My $50 went on there right away and I am able to use it now (haven't tried it yet) and I should also get a card in the mail in 7-10 days. The web site isn't the greatest actually but based on what I have read as far as how to use this card, I absolutely like it. Time will tell after I've tried it.

P.S. My husband also signed up with no issues and we both have AT&T Note 3's

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
The process was simple and only took 10 min or so. The $50 is just added incentive to try it out. Now I'm curious as to why some people had such a hard time with it?

xsibleyx03

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
The app wouldn't accept input from any of my cards because they weren't Amex. I can't remember the last time I've even seen American express.

Edit: this was supposed to be a reply to Gary

almarsh78

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I did it and got the $50...everything was pretty easy to get started except I needed a new sim even tho I already had the secure one. I have used it at McDonald's s few times and also see that CVS accepts it too. I can see this getting more popular if other major retailers get on board.

rgriffin25

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
The app links you to the website where you can add funds. Pretty simple actually. Amex is merely the provider of the the card and services provided within the app. If a location doesn't have touch to pay you can use the provided card instead of the app. I like how funds are added to a separate card as an added layer of protection.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I did it and got the $50... I have used it at McDonald's s few times and also see that CVS accepts it too.

Can you use the $50 credit all at once, or is it parceled out at just $1 per purchase as their website says? And does the credit get applied automatically when you make an Isis purchase using Amex Serve, or do you have to take some extra action to apply it?