ATT Note 3 Kit Kat and FoxFi

Bosk_77

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
For those that have been using FoxFi (and it works) and just hitting the home button when you get the "To enable mobile hotspot on this device, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611". If you have updated to Kit Kat, does that still work?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
For those that have been using FoxFi (and it works) and just hitting the home button when you get the "To enable mobile hotspot on this device, go to att.com/mywireless or dial 611". If you have updated to Kit Kat, does that still work?
According to this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-note-3/320812-foxfi-note-3-a.html, users are reporting that home button still works. Hopefully that's still the case if you plan on getting the device or if an update has caused problems.

Bosk_77

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
I know it works with 4.3. From the looks at other threads there is a Kit Kat update out there somewhere. If there is, I don't want to take it if it causes FoxFi to not work.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
I know it works with 4.3. From the looks at other threads there is a Kit Kat update out there somewhere. If there is, I don't want to take it if it causes FoxFi to not work.

Awe, OK. I suggest keeping an eye on the Play Store comments to see if this is still an issue.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I couldn't get Foxfi hotspot to work after updating to Kit Kat. But I tried using the hotspot feature on my Note 3, and it showed that it was using the same foxfi hotspot name that I had set up.
I was waiting to get the message that I had to set up the portable hotspot with at&t, but I didn't get it. I will have to watch my bill to see if they charge me.

xaqattax

May 22, 2014
Visit site
It looks like it turns on but doesn't broadcast. Solutions for other carriers are popping up but I haven't seen one for Note 3 on AT&T with or without root.

Xingularity

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I didn't realize this would work but fox fi works perfectly after I changed to shared data plan.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Because shared data plan includes tethering thus not needing to use foxfi. Us still hanging on to their unlimited plans are still S.O.L.

Posted via Android Central App

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I use the hotspot feature on my phone. With 4.4.3, it seems to have tied Foxfi into the hotspot on the phone. I used for 2 days when visiting my Dad, and was never charged for the feature by at&t. And they never warned me that I needed to sign up for it.