Kit Kat 4.4.2 is a joke.. Give me Jellybean 4.3 back.. Pleasee

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Some people did have issues downloading it. My suggestion would be to either hit up att/best buy for them to update it, or try Samsung Kies.

Posted via Android Central App

Have done all of the above except AT&T. Best Buy Samsung desk did not have it available to load but that was a couple of weeks ago. For such a killer phone I find it really lame that I might have to take it to AT&T or Best Buy to have an update installed.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Kies wouldn't do it?

No, unless I'm doing something wrong. I downloaded Kies 3 on my computer and it doesn't give me any indication. Anywhere specific I should look?? I'm new to all this so thanks for the advice.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Open up Kies and make sure it is current. Click on tools at the top and then select "Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation" Then fallow the prompts. It should also tell you connect your phone on the basic info screen if it is current firmware.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Open up Kies and make sure it is current. Click on tools at the top and then select "Firmware Upgrade and Initialisation" Then fallow the prompts. It should also tell you connect your phone on the basic info screen if it is current firmware.

Yeah, I've done that. No luck.

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I haven't responded back. Been tied up at work.. I have a been taking screen shots of my usage the last couple of days. I will have then up tomorrow..

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Ok guys.. Here are some screen shots..

Attachments

• 4174861301970Screenshot_2014-04-09-18-08-39.jpg
    4174861301970Screenshot_2014-04-09-18-08-39.jpg
    155.9 KB · Views: 58
  • Screenshot_2014-04-14-18-21-05.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-04-14-18-21-05.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 58

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
You can see no service or 4g, etc.. The emails are all still in Push mode even though i have them set up on manual.. I have even started using the apps for yahoo and gmail. Gmail works fine.. yahoo is still pushing.

chloeshotmom

Jun 12, 2013
Visit site
I have problems with kitkat too. The emails cannot be deleted at all. The wifi connection is unstable. The battery lasts for 5 hours only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Expydude

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I have problems with kitkat too. The emails cannot be deleted at all. The wifi connection is unstable. The battery lasts for 5 hours only.

Have u tried a factory reset from recovery

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I have done that and I am willing to try it again if it will work.. But Im not holding my breath.. Lol

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
What version does Kies show is on the phone.

What version of Kies is on the computer

I have Kies 3 on the computer. Not sure on about the phone. When I link my phone with the computer and open Kies 3 I get this message when I open the firmware upgrade and initialization tab:

(In box) Model name: SM-N900A

(Below box) 'SM-N900A' does not support initializing.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
So I was close to Best Buy so I took my phone in for the update, which they now have for my phone. They said the rollout for KK is still going on so that is probably why I haven't gotten mine yet. Fair enough. So far I've had no issues that I can tell going through my usual routines with the phone. I'm not very demanding though, and probably use about 1/10th of what this phone is capable of. I've noticed it does seem snappier when loading, and some of the subtle changes (colors, fonts, map voice etc), but I'll keep an eye on it for any issues.

ConstructionCompany

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I own a Const company and let me say i used to brag and tell all other owners about this phone and what it can do for us in construction. I even bought the watch to use hands free to see who was calling instead of taking my phone out of my pocket or read txts. I never needed it for pictures. I did love the spen and being able to use the spen for marking photos for business and emails. However I repeat However this Phone is totally worthless after the new UPDATE to kit cat or whatever the hell you call that crap. My Battery life went from 3/4 to a full day to a couple of hours. No construction guy has his charger running most the day with him. Don't even get me started with the jittering button or lock ups. Sometimes the screen goes blank and it rings but cant see or answer it. No its not the Battery i received a new one. It's not the phone i assure you its in a Otterbox case. Its never been dropped. Its the stupid update. You killed everything about the phone that was worth making it a decision to carry a such large phone for business let alone Construction Guys. Now i have nothing to say but bad things. Im about to return it for my money months later if you cant fix the issues. That's a defect as far as im concerned; when you advertise a product to last so long then You update it to 1/2 to 3/4 less battery life then its Samsungs problem. Please fix this back to past or ill be forced to return it.

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I know it isn't optimal but have you tried a factory reset. You probably have a app that didn't take well to the upgrade and is preventing the phone from getting into some of the low power states.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FarajWala800