Kit Kat 4.4.2 is a joke.. Give me Jellybean 4.3 back.. Pleasee

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I officially hate kit kat.. It has done nothing but kill my phone. Battery sucks email doesn't work. Blah blah blah.. I want to down grade.

Posted via Android Central App

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
I had so much trouble with kit kat it was unreal. First note 3 would not update to it. Got it replaced. Second one did and it was nothing but trouble. A lot of random reboots. Etc!!! Att tried to wipe it and put 4.3 back but that wouldn't even work. Finally replaced that one with a new one with 4.3 and been running smooth again. They did say the note 3 and Galaxy mega are having a bad time running kit kat. There working on a fix.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it has ruined my phone.. I might go talk to att about getting another phone or something. Should have just stayed with 4.3.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
That was my experience. Some people update fine. I'm happy on 4.3

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AC Forums mobile app

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
By chance could you elaborate on the problems you are having. Kit katt is running fine for me.

NoTe3

Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
Yea.. I'll post a screen shot of my usage later this evening. But battery, email, service dropping, not getting service, ram usage is more than Jb, having to charge my phone during the day. Which never happened on Jb.

Chris8414

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
yes please elaborate, I would never go back to Jellybean 4.3! Worst OS EVER!!!!! Totally sucked on my note 3, everything as of now runs great on my note 3 since the kitkat update, I only charge my phone every other day with moderate to HEAVY use! No issues, or problems on my end. What seems to be the problem, maybe you have an app that prevents the phone from sleeping or a run away app. I got those all the time on my Galaxy S3

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Not me. It fixed my WiFi issues and I have no other problems. I did stop Lookout from running as it seems to be a large battery hog but other than that. I'm good.

I do have to charge mine during the day some to ensure it lasts ALL day but then I have my screen turned up to 100% brightness (old eyes) and I have BT, WiFi, NFC and other things runing all the time. This is how I use my phone and I'm not going to compromise just so I can say I didn't have to charge it. Typically without charging, I can go maybe 14-16 hrs running like this. I only throw it on the charger in case I don't go straight home from work.

labarge

Apr 12, 2014
Visit site
I have had iPhone 4s for 2.5 years and lately I've been dying to get a phone with a big screen (like s5 or Note 3) but all these KitKat problems people have been having makes me want to wait it out till they get them all fixed.

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have had iPhone 4s for 2.5 years and lately I've been dying to get a phone with a big screen (like s5 or Note 3) but all these KitKat problems people have been having makes me want to wait it out till they get them all fixed.

Keep in mind that you typically see an in proportionate amount of problems on a forum like this. Mine updated and is much better than before.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I am going on two weeks with my Note on Kit Kat and have not experienced any issues at all. The phone works flawlessly just minor normal Android issues. The battery life is great but you need to watch what apps are eating your battery and ones that run in the background that are never used. I am a heavy user and I get 12 hours from my battery with ease!

aandrew610

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
I think it has ruined my phone.. I might go talk to att about getting another phone or something. Should have just stayed with 4.3.

I have been tempted to try this as well. I hate 4.4.2

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

whpcrepair

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Im not having any problems with mine, I went to samsung booth in best buy and they upgraded me to kitkat, email works fine, battery is fine no force closes, and no pro lem with puting kitkat on my note 3.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
When I had the AT&T Note 3 it update just fine, no issues at all. The only reason I returned it was to wait for the GS5 32GB to arrive. Just checked out the 16GB GS5 today and honestly other than a few UI changes and an updated processor I am not sure the GS5 32GB is worth waiting for, I may just get the GN3 again and then upgrade next year to either the GN4 or GS6.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Is it normal for my phone to say:

Software update interrupted.
No update is available for your device etc etc

I'm starting to think my phone is incapable of downloading the KK update ota. Or is this what everyone sees when no update is available (even though KK is out there 😞)

mavrrick

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Some people did have issues downloading it. My suggestion would be to either hit up att/best buy for them to update it, or try Samsung Kies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dedehammac