Stupid 'AT&T' notification bar branding?

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Does AT&T still do this nonsense to their android devices? I know it's not a huge deal I just hate it when phones are covered in branding.

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
It's not branding. It's naming the carrier your phone is connected to. If you're roaming, it'll show a carrier other than AT&T. (Plus the carrier name usually appears just briefly and then vanishes.)

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It's not branding. It's naming the carrier your phone is connected to. If you're roaming, it'll show a carrier other than AT&T. (Plus the carrier name usually appears just briefly and then vanishes.)

This. It shows the carrier of the SIM. So it will show AT&T but switch if you throw in another carrier.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Doesn't do this on VZW or T-Mobile. It will show it in the bottom of the notification window but not in the top notification bar. I've only seen AT&T phones do this.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
And there's at least one module in Xposed that can turn that off or let you put whatever text you want in either or both places. So you could be on Vodaphone if you prefer.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
Does AT&T still do this nonsense to their android devices? I know it's not a huge deal I just hate it when phones are covered in branding.

I don't recall what AT&T does but apparently it can't be much since I don't. They have their apps on the phone but other than that, the only other thing I see is a small AT&T at the bottom of the notifcation screen. Hardly worth getting all hot and bothered about.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't recall what AT&T does but apparently it can't be much since I don't. They have their apps on the phone but other than that, the only other thing I see is a small AT&T at the bottom of the notifcation screen. Hardly worth getting all hot and bothered about.

Doesn't do this on VZW or T-Mobile. It will show it in the bottom of the notification window but not in the top notification bar. I've only seen AT&T phones do this.

I believe he means this. They will sometimes have it in the top left.

While I could see that bothering some the only ways around it are.. Not being on AT&T or installing another ROM. Or always there is always the GPE phones.

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I believe he means this. They will sometimes have it in the top left.

While I could see that bothering some the only ways around it are.. Not being on AT&T or installing another ROM. Or always there is always the GPE phones.

Yah, I get that but for pete's sake. It's so small I never even noticed it til I read about it here. Is it really that annoying? Just sayin.... :-X

Morpheus

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Uh..The At&t is there for 2 seconds after waking it up of restarting...get over it. It goes away and doesn't bother functionaluty...

Posted via Android Central App via Note 3

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Mine shows "AT&T" on the bottom of the LOCK screen. It also shows AT&T Microcell at the bottom of the lock screen when I'm at home and it flashes the same at the top of the notification bar. It is carrier and Verizon and other do also do it in some areas. When I have been with other carriers and traveled out of town, I've seen it when I would be roaming.