Issues with device stability?

canadafoxx

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I've had my Note for a couple weeks now, but last night it started freaking out, not letting me lock the screen and then not letting me unlock the screen. Freezing for minutes at a time, internet becoming spotty and riddled with lag and everytime I'm in an application for more than a few minutes and I click the home button the system asks me if I want to use Touchwiz or Touchwiz easy or whatever it's called. I thought maybe it was just a glitch to begin with but it's becoming extremely annoying. Does anyone know how to help with this?

Gary02468

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
Which Android version? Did you try rebooting? If that doesn't help, you could try a factory reset (use Samsung's Kies 3 first to back everything up).

canadafoxx

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Version 4.4.2 and ive rebooted. but now I'm losing a crap ton of battery. Like I've gone from 100 to 46% in three hours of literally not using my phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Back everything up. Go to Best Buy, find the Samsung guys and see if they'll flash 4.4.2 again for you. It seems as if some OTA upgrades just don't "take" properly. (Which is why I'm still on 4.3 with a frozen update app. My phone works, I still have root and I still have multi-slot Safestrap. Maybe this week I'll try some of the 4.4.2 ROMS - at least that way I can see if 4.4.2 is any better, and I can still go back to 4.3.)

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a battery monitor installed that can tell you what's running and causing your battery drain?

gnr_2

Oct 13, 2012
Visit site
I use GSam Battery Monitor. It gives a lot of info including wakelocks.

Finally using Tapatalk on my Nexus 7