Best New Apps for Note 3

JRDroid

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a big fan of Riptide GP 2. It is a fun game and looks great on the Note's large screen. It also takes advantage of KitKat's "immersive mode" that hides the status bar (and on screen buttons on phones that have them) to give you edge to edge game on your screen! It makes it much more like playing a game on a dedicated mobile gaming device. Riptide also uses Google Play games services to sync progress across devices so if you have another phone or tablet you can pick up on it where you left off on your Note.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Apps are like flavors. What I may find delicious, you may find disgusting. I prefer utility apps, since that's where I spent most of my working life, lugging big equipment around to analyze networks, wifi, etc. Now I can do it all with a phone that fits in my shirt pocket.

Games? The only time I played computer games is when I worked for companies that wrote them. And then, only enough to make sure that, if there was a bug, it was caught gracefully. Then I gave it to the game players to bang on it. The only game on my N3 now is solitaire. (At my age, sitting in doctors' waiting rooms is a hobby.) Blackjack would be okay too, but a hand is over in a few seconds. With solitaire it takes as much as 3 minutes to finish a game.

I get "free app of the day" notifications and, in the past 6 months I've only downloaded 2 - a wifi analysis app and an Office app. Everything else seems to be games. Well, I guess the largest app customer base is the under 21 set. Definitely the under 50 set.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21