Samsung Note 3 lock screen and swipe issues

hobocum

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, Ive been having an issue with my Samsung Note 3. I have Android version 4.3.

Randomly when I am using the phone it will freeze up and go to the lock screen. Then itll take anywhere form 1 to 7 seconds to allow me the swipe option to unlock it. I noticed that when this happens, the ability to swipe only shows up when the ATT appears on the top left of the notification area.

I thought it may have been an issue with the swipe lock screen option so I changed it to passcode. However,even with passcode selected, the phone still freezes occasionally and then makes me swipe, which is only possible after a few seconds. I then changed it to no lock screen option, and the same thing happened.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi all, Ive been having an issue with my Samsung Note 3. I have Android version 4.3.

Randomly when I am using the phone it will freeze up and go to the lock screen. Then itll take anywhere form 1 to 7 seconds to allow me the swipe option to unlock it. I noticed that when this happens, the ability to swipe only shows up when the ATT appears on the top left of the notification area.

I thought it may have been an issue with the swipe lock screen option so I changed it to passcode. However,even with passcode selected, the phone still freezes occasionally and then makes me swipe, which is only possible after a few seconds. I then changed it to no lock screen option, and the same thing happened.

Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks

Hi and Welcome to Android Central.
I was just searching for Lock Screen issues.
Shame nobody picked up your question. I presume you tried adjusting the screen time out in Display settings, but that's only part of your issue. Your right that you can only add Lock Screen widgets while Security is in basic swipe lock mode, as I have on mine. I am trying to find more ways to use the lock screen after the KitKat update as I hadn't bothered with it.
I am not on AT&T, hell I'm not in your country.
It's over a week and you may have found a solution or a work around.
However a) this thread will get bumped up with my post, and an experienced ambassador, moderator or AT&T user should see it;
but also I would recommend saying 'hello' in the "Introductions" forum which is under Android Central Community, and reporting your issue to some moderators and ambassadors who always welcome new members there, along with us plain folk!
Don't give up on us yet.

Sent from my N9005 using Tapatalk Pro

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked apps you have downloaded? How long has this been going on? Are you doing something specific when this happens?

And are you going to upgrade to Kit Kat?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Art117

Jun 7, 2014
Visit site
I Am having the same issue only after kit kat update 4.4.2 this has been the most frustrating issue to deal with. Don't know what to do. My phone once it goes to sleep after a while in my pocket or anywhere else for that matter will not wake up and let me unlock my phone using password. Pressing the side button doesn't work. Stays off. Then about 5 to 10 seconds later it finally comes to life but then my keyboard will not come up for me to unlock my phone. I have to restart the phone every time to actually gain access. I have performed a reboot, Uninstalled all of my apps, and nothing. Still does the same thing. I turned off the password option and still once the phone goes to sleep, it will not let me do anything until i reset the phone. I went to AT&T and they confirmed the issue and gave me another note 3. And guess what? Doing the same exact thing. Can anyone help me. This new phone has no apps and i did not mess with the settings.

Posted via Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
I know that you might not want to hear this....but if you didn't do a factory data reset of your phone after the KK update, then you are more susceptible to issues. If you do not want to try that first to fix it (I would), then you're only option would be to shut down everthing running other than normal system apps, and see if it continues, then try turning them back on one at a time until the problem starts again, "perhaps" its a rogue app.

Hope this helps!

Gautam_Ashisha

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung Grand lock screen and swipe hang

when you are not able to get into the phone having problem with lock screen like it hangs follow these steps

1. Restart your phone

2. while it shows "samsung" logo press volume down key hold for some seconds

3. your phone will open in "safe mode" it will be showing safe mode on lower left side of your screen

4.go to the settings>more>application manager>uninstall any third party app causing the problem