Android System still killing battery

convert

May 24, 2014
Visit site
I'm also on a Note 3 with AT&T. Just got it 11 days ago. The other day I ended up at 40% battery by 1:30 in the afternoon after coming off the charger at 6:00 AM with just very moderate at best use. So I googled battery saving tips and gleaned from several different article and I also got a battery app to optimize. I turned off the feature that allows apps to still keep scanning using wifi. Settings>wifi>hit menu for Advanced>turn off Always allow scanning. (has to do with Google location services) I read that somewhere and changed the option. I also keep wifi off at work and now I am doing much better. I took phone off charger at 7 am and I'm at 95% with some light use-sent a text, downloaded the above mentioned app and read a little email. Hope this helps.

almarsh78

May 20, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same problem...using about 15% battery every hour even with the screen off. I turned off the always allow scanning option and man what a difference. Going on 12 hours and still at 70% battery.

Posted via Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
After a restore, the system is still pulling the most power. Any other way to fix?

You need screenshots, etc. Pulling the most power is not necessarily bad or wrong. How about some screenshots of your battery graph, including one that shows the signal, wakes, charging, etc.

Sent from my Awesome Note 3

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I haven't used my phone much, but until I started using it a few minutes ago, Android system was using the most.

BTW, unlike other phones, I have found it is best to turn wifi off and turn it on manually. Unlike other Android versions (it started with 4.3) wifi on will wake the phone all night.

5yqyqasu.jpg

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I just completely turn off wifi and turn it on manually. It scans constantly now.

I have it set to not wake, but at night, I notice my phone wakes a lot if it is on, if it is off, it doesn't.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have been fighting battery drain by Android System ever since kit Kat like a lot of people. Tried everything. Still no luck. I found another thread describing how to wipe the cache partition. Now my battery life is better than pre-kitkat! Try if you are having problems. It's quick and easy.

w7sg

Dec 30, 2012
Visit site
Here is what I did, thx goes to fantom305 :)

Turn off the device.
Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time:
Volume Up key
Home key
Power key
When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and theHome key.
When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
Press the Power key to select. The phone will automatically restart after the cache is wiped.

ItsPiePie

Jun 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm new here and am having the same problem with the battery. I'm going to try the suggestions here and see if that helps. Since the last update my battery is drained by 5:30pm when it would usually last until 11pm. I will keep you posted!! Thanks so much!

Nihal Rathod

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Try going to the recovery screen.. Switch off your device. When you start up again press the volume up and home keys and then use the volume keys and wipe caches it would help you.

Sent from my GT-I9192 using Tapatalk

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Same was happening to be, I disabled some of the Samsung apps, including push notifications and now I'm getting 6 hours of screen time and heavy use
tunypu5y.jpg
ehaqu9a5.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have also disabled google now and am getting amazing screen time and android system is no longer the battery hog. It works!

srinathp1988

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Tried cache wipe.even then android system takes 20 %

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-09-13-00-52.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-13-00-52.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 54

clitrenta

Nov 5, 2009
Visit site
I was having the same problem...using about 15% battery every hour even with the screen off. I turned off the always allow scanning option and man what a difference. Going on 12 hours and still at 70% battery.

My question is, is that something you really want to turn off? I'm not sure. I assume that also means you have to remember to turn it on when you get home????

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
My question is, is that something you really want to turn off? I'm not sure. I assume that also means you have to remember to turn it on when you get home????

Yes, you really want to turn it off. No, you don't have to turn it on when you get home or anywhere else. It does nothing for you and will only drain battery.

rvhs03

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
I have noticed a pattern. On the days I'm at home, connected to WiFi all day, android system is a much lower battery hog than the screen. But on the days I'm at work and mainly on LTE, android system is always at the top and my device stays awake much more. This has to be an LTE radio issue in kit Kat.

Vickie Jeffries

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried turning off the wifi setting that constantly scans under the advanced setting.
Go to wifi
Open it up
Select your menu button
Advanced
Scroll down and you will see one that allows Google to keep checking. For lacations. Even if the wifi option is off on the front.
It helped with my note ii

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12