Does Anyone Know how to remove the Belt Clip from the Otterbox Defender Case?

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi, just got a new Galaxy Note 3 and loving it so far. I bought an Otterbox Defender case which I love also, but I don't ever want to use the 3rd layer with the Belt Clip on it, except to protect the screen of the phone if it's dropped. I am not ever going to use it on my belt clip, so does anyone Know of a way to take the actual Clip off that layer without breaking it?

I know I can get a replacement of the layer with the belt clip on Amazon, but would like to try to remove it if I get some help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
If I'm reading you right you cannot just take the belt clip off with this third layer. I'm a bit confused but if you're talking about the holster, you don't need that anyways for protection. It's only if you want to use it as a belt clip.

I hope I'm understating you correctly...

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, it was the holster part with the clip. I ended up just removing the plastic screen protector from the defender and putting on an iloome flex tempered glass screen protector. It worked great on my note 2 with a different case, and now it works good on the otterbox defender case also with my note 3. Thanks for the reply though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app

mchi5

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it was the holster part with the clip. I ended up just removing the plastic screen protector from the defender and putting on an iloome flex tempered glass screen protector. It worked great on my note 2 with a different case, and now it works good on the otterbox defender case also with my note 3. Thanks for the reply though.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using AC Forums mobile app
I did the same thing with my otterbox defender. Took the crappy plastic screen protector off, and I have the bodyguardz tempered glass screen protector on.

sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk