Was hoping for more freedoms with the update(s).
    Not.
    One of the advertising points to Android was that it was open to be customized. Yes?
    But with 4.4.4 I'm still "blessed" with Flipbored.๐Ÿ˜•

Posted via Android Central App
    11-25-2014 07:54 AM
    I'm not sure I understand what your complain is here... Do you mean the Flipboard-powered My Magazine thing? Yeah, that's part of the customization Samsung baked into the Note 3, and yes, you can disable it (if not uninstall it) from the Application Manager.

If you mean the Flipboard app, you can just uninstall it.

Android IS open to customization. That's what Samsung did. It customized its version of Android and baked it into the Note 3. On top of that, you seem to have a carrier-branded phone, which means the carrier further tinkers with the software to add/remove their own set of apps and features (bloatware). Pure Android is something different, and something this particular phone DOESN'T have. You can root your device and flash a different ROM should you want to get rid of Samsung stuff, but that comes with the inherent risk of tinkering with your device.

Personally, I don't like the My Magazine implementation but I do enjoy Flipboard's own app.
    11-25-2014 08:24 AM
    OK if you are right then I haven't looked at the manager carefully enough. I will try again.

11-25-2014 09:18 AM
    It was listed under Application Manager and all the "stuff" I tried to delete previously was back. Deleted (disabled?) them all again we shall see.

11-25-2014 09:25 AM
    You can also try using a different launcher. My Magazine is baked into Touch Wiz, so if you use a different launcher, it just won't appear anymore.

But again, I had a factory-unlocked Note 3, I'm not sure if AT&T's version implemented further restrictions. Carries do tend to do that...
    11-25-2014 09:27 AM
    It was listed under Application Manager and all the "stuff" I tried to delete previously was back. Deleted (disabled?) them all again we shall see.

If you updated your OS there's a chance some apps might have been reactivated because of it. As you probably know, you can't uninstall them/delete them, you can just disable them. Some other stuff, you can't even do that as it's considered 'critical' to the OS or the carrier.
    11-25-2014 09:29 AM
    My magazine cant be disabled which is annoying

Posted via the Android Central App
    11-25-2014 12:49 PM