I think I broke my LCD. How do i fix it?

spicy_benie

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
Hello, recently i dropped my note 3 and i think i broke the LCD. At first it was going all crazy and clicking random things by itself because i think their is a crack down by the bottom of the screen. Eventually I got it and tried tapping the screen with my knuckles to get it to stop going crazy. Now i can hear the volume and vibrations, bottom buttons light up etc, but I only have a black screen. When i push the home button i see a quick flash of green across the middle of the screen but that's it. Did i crack the LCD? What do i need to do to fix it? Thanks for your help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! It sure sounds like the screen was damaged and needs to be replaced. How handy are you at tech repairs? If you're not used the them, I'd bring it to a cellphone repair shop. It might cost anywhere from $100 to $200.

spicy_benie

Jan 24, 2015
Visit site
I've replaced two iPhone 4 screen's in the past and built my computer so I figure i should be able to handle it. Do you have a recommendation on what lcd/digitizer i should buy? The phone is At&t i bought it right when it came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge