ATT Lollipop Issues

Reggie

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
I will be first.
Screen capture stopped working for the pen.
Google Play app no longer works - not sure if this is due to the upgrade yet as it did work for a while.

jeeves744

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Google play works fine for me.

My issues are
1. Battery is draining faster then before.
2. The widget for "my data manager" does not work anymore

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Ok. I got a question. I check, and lollipop was there. I start the down load, and it starts coming down. Gives me an ETA. Set the phone down. Screen saver kicks in. As it hits about 65%, I just leave it alone. About an hour later I pick it up and unlock it. Regular desktop. Nothing in notifications. I check settings and I'm at 4.4.4. I tell it to check for updates. Says running current version. Did I miss a step someplace?

Posted via the Android Central App

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I got it. Lied to my phone and told it that it was tomorrow. Re downloaded the update. Runs great....So far.

unknownuser02

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
For Google play issue, you have to uninstall Google play services and re update.

So far, my only complaint is that list view went away in app drawer.

Tyson Clayson

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I am not seeing that I have the option to do screen pinning on my note 3. I upgraded earlier today to 5.0. I do not see the option to turn on screen pinning in the settings. On the nexus 6 it was under security settings I believe.

Am I the only one?

datawalla

Jun 27, 2012
Visit site
Also can't do screen capture with S-Pen; I use GO Launcher and it deleted several shortcuts, including one entire folder; I really like voice control and I spent many hours customizing Utter! and AVX and now none of that works and anything done through Tasker is EXTREMELY slow. Google Now's voice capability is crap. Between that, the ugly-a$$ teal background and the decreased, rather than improved, battery usage, I'm seeing nothing but downside from this "update" so far.

azkimbers

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
I found out the solution to the S-Pen screen capture issue. It's as I thought, they've given it Note 4 capabilities so you have to use Air Command then select "Screen Write". Wish they had just made this an optional method and kept the old method since it takes a few more steps but it can still be done at least.

unknownuser02

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
My battery life is slightly shorter than it was before the update. I used to get maybe an hour more. My usage is moderate to high.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-27-15-37-04.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-03-27-15-37-04.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 84

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
OK I've had Lollipop for two days and here's the two problems I have found thus far 1) screen write saves in duplicates & 2) S Pen in SNotes; when writing, it skips marks here and there. I have other writing apps, it only happens in SNotes with the silver tip fountain pen. Anybody else?

Last edited:

kentuc794

Mar 3, 2011
Visit site
The screen write does create 2 images one is the screenshot the other is where you have drawn on the screen. Could not reproduce the skipping in S-note.

dorrien12

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
The screen write does create 2 images one is the screenshot the other is where you have drawn on the screen. Could not reproduce the skipping in S-note.

Before the update it didn't do that for the screen shots. For instance, before if I chose to draw on the screen then that's the only one that was saved, and if I did not draw on the picture, then it would save just that one. I tried both ways today and either way, two copies are being saved. Never happened before the update.

I forgot to mention, use the fountain pen, the one with the silver tip.

Tysonsaurus

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Update broke my Bluetooth on my pioneer stereo in my truck. Worked perfect on kit kat. Hopefully they push out the next update quick, not going to hold my breathe though.

Posted via Android Central App

ehosey2

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Update broke my Bluetooth on my pioneer stereo in my truck. Worked perfect on kit kat. Hopefully they push out the next update quick, not going to hold my breathe though.

Posted via Android Central App

Same here with my Pioneer AVH-P8400. I sent a trouble ticket to Samsung
Milk Music support and they asked me to email them the Bluetooth HCI Snoop logs to investigate. I did that a couple days ago and am awaiting a response.

Tulan Kantesaria

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Is it me or all the lockscreen widgets are gone now.... and also the 5 fav apps shortcut on the lock screen are gone .

Hating this freaking update. Is there any easy way to get back to old software version of KITKAT .

please do help

thank you

jeeves744

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
So I was forced to do a factory reset because of horrible battery life and apps not working properly after the update. I will see how the battery goes after a day or two, but some apps got fixed but others didn't. I noticed that beautiful widgets no longer puts the temperature in the status bar. I have tried turning it on and off and still will not do it. That really sucks since I liked being able to use tap the power button and see the temp in the top corner.

All in all I am not happy with this update. It has not done anything worth while and has screwed up or removed features I used.

cdemot02

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
Driving yesterday with Nav going and location set to high accuracy, I could not receive/send text from the phone. My fiancee had no problem on her s5 sending/receiving so no network issues. I changed the mode to gps only, and all text came across and I was able to send.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12