Am I the only one enjoying Lollipop?

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I gotta say I'm really liking the new look with the update. My favorite thing is being able to have the multiple windows open and bounce between them. Also enjoying the colors and new keyboard. What are your favorite things about the update?? Im probably missing plenty. This should easily tide me over until the Note 5 comes out this fall.

Posted via the Android Central App

Brad Bilger

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Oh, it's not that bad. After I did the update, I could see the whirlpool around my battery as it drained to nothingness. Did a factory reset and running much better. My problem is trying to get everything back up and running after the reset. My biggest complaints started with 4.4.2. Sms alerts mostly. The colors I'm not that hot about, but I keep things toned down. Apps run faster, more stable. All in all an improvement.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Oh, it's not that bad. After I did the update, I could see the whirlpool around my battery as it drained to nothingness. Did a factory reset and running much better. My problem is trying to get everything back up and running after the reset. My biggest complaints started with 4.4.2. Sms alerts mostly. The colors I'm not that hot about, but I keep things toned down. Apps run faster, more stable. All in all an improvement.

I did a reset pretty much as soon as I downloaded it. It took me some time to get it back where I was before but that's all done now. Really enjoying it.

rholdcrooft99

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Have reset 2 times, been reflashed by AT&T and still horrid battery and the colors and loss of so many functions makes me go back in time to when I was on an iphone

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I like it so far. Haven't really noticed any problem with the battery...at least not yet.

I didn't do a factory reset when I got kit kat and noticed the phone was slower. But I am not sure enough that I had (or even have) everything backed up so I never did it. I didn't do a factory reset for lollipop either. But I have noticed my phone is quicker since the update so I am happy.

I like the colors. No issue there. Still trying to get use to it in certain areas. But so far I really like it.

Posted via Android Central App

risalazar

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Overall I'm pretty happy with the upgrade. And I did not reset. However, I also took the opportunity to clean up my phone by 1) uninstalLing apps that i no longer use and 2) disabling quite a bit of bloatware And 3) using battery doctor and the android battery saver.

Also the GPS was driving me nuts prior to the upgrade. It had become essentially useless and unable to lock on location. I was about to toss the phone. I took these steps:

1) Installed 5.0
2) installed and optimized GPS status
3) went to the att store and had my Sim card traded out for free.
4) with back of the phone removed, gently tightened the screws on the phone
5) performed an NV rebuild via hidden menu

Results? Better battery life, dramatically improved GPS performance, somewhat better performance and finally, much happier Note 3 owner.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evinrude