Is it really worth upgrading to lollipop?

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm on o2 in the UK and iv been waiting for the lollipop update for a while now..After reading some of the threads on here I'm starting to think it's not worth updating. Does anyone know when I will get the update and is it worth waiting for?

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi I'm on o2 in the UK and iv been waiting for the lollipop update for a while now..After reading some of the threads on here I'm starting to think it's not worth updating. Does anyone know when I will get the update and is it worth waiting for?

Yes it would be worth the upgrade and wait - the Note 3's UI will change with Lollipop, it will be like having a new phone :) the update has only just started rolling out to Russia for the Note 3 so I would think within the next few months.

jsreen

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I like the Lollipop upgrade. It is almost like getting a new phone. Hopefully you will get yours soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
I think it's worth the update too. Even though some people said it slows down other, including myself, thinks it sped up a bit.

Posted via Android Central App

kenmynattcpa

Jun 12, 2015
Visit site
I wish I hadn't upgraded. With Lollipop you get these features; excessive battery discharge (3 batteries a day needed, minimum), excessive RAM usage, horrible lag time on touch selections. Not worth it!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I wish I hadn't upgraded. With Lollipop you get these features; excessive battery discharge (3 batteries a day needed, minimum), excessive RAM usage, horrible lag time on touch selections. Not worth it!

It is normal for excessive RAM usage with Android -- it works differently than Windows. It tries to fill the RAM up as much as possible. It will make room for other apps as needed.

Jose Berumen1

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Not woth, many issues around, even Android M is about to be released, I think Google dont want to have Lollipop around anymore.

I see a LOTs of users having problems with Lollipor aroun Battery, Signal, WIFI, Phones getting hotter and many more...

I downgrade my LG G2 LS980 to KK and better wait a new release since 5.0.2 have many problems for me including very slow charging time, get hot the phone and frezzes some times, even lagger than ever...

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Suffice it to say that some have problems and and some dont, or are minimal. I have had no problems with my battery or much lag. Maybe a little lag but not horrible as some are saying.

It's just like a computer. Some have problems with an update and others do not.

For me it's definitely worth it.

Take from that what you will.

PeteNote3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Lollipop version 5.0 is full of bugs. I wish I still had Kit Kat on my phone. I think android tries to push out their operating systems too fast.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

PeteNote3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
Yes it would be worth the upgrade and wait - the Note 3's UI will change with Lollipop, it will be like having a new phone :) the update has only just started rolling out to Russia for the Note 3 so I would think within the next few months.
I have the note 3 with lollipop. The only real enhancement in my own opinion is the capability of stretching the post it notes to the size of the phone screen.

PeteNote3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
It is normal for excessive RAM usage with Android -- it works differently than Windows. It tries to fill the RAM up as much as possible. It will make room for other apps as needed.
Touch Wiz is a memory hog and eats up half of the ram which is why I bought the note 3 when it came out. 3GB of ram means alot when using Touch Wiz.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Touch Wiz is a memory hog and eats up half of the ram which is why I bought the note 3 when it came out. 3GB of ram means alot when using Touch Wiz.

It can -- But it is still normal for Android to fill RAM up on purpose with as much as it can.

PeteNote3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
It can -- But it is still normal for Android to fill RAM up on purpose with as much as it can.
Yes. Any OS will constantly consume physical memory. Add the Touch Wiz interface on top of it and your ram is maxed....unless you're on a nice phone like the note 3

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Yes. Any OS will constantly consume physical memory. Add the Touch Wiz interface on top of it and your ram is maxed....unless you're on a nice phone like the note 3

Even on the Galaxy S6 the RAM gets eaten up a lot. I am not saying TouchWiz doesn't eat up RAM but .. Regardless of Touchwiz the Android system will fill up the RAM on any phone. Especially since most phones have their own UIs from the manufacturer.

unclefunbuckets

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
One thing I have been doing is every once in a while, maybe 2-3 times a day and always before I go to bed, I will hold the home button down to see what apps are running. I close them all.

To me it seems like my battery doesn't drain as quickly anymore and I am absolutely fine with how long it lasts.

The times I forget to close them out is when it seems the battery drains a lot quicker.

At least that is my perspective.

PeteNote3

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site
What a lot of people do not realize is that battery life is really effected by how you use your phone and what apps are on it. For instance if you keep locations enabled, bluetooth, wifi etc. Then you have apps such as Groupon foursquare and Facebook that wants to know your location 24 hours a day to suggest good deals etc. I have removed all of those apps over a year ago and in settings I disabled the Sync feature for apps in which I did not think we're important. Also, if I don't use an app in over a month then I just Uninstall it.

mookie1027

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
To me its not worth it , hate lollie pop.and wished i never updated.
lost battery power no customization on fonts and no widgets on front screen saver.google services run at 20% not using it
wished i stuck to kit kat .
samsung says there is a fix coming out but when ? not anytime soon.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan