5.1 update

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
You really think AT&T will even bother to release Marshmallow to a 2 year old Note 3? I highly doubt it. I hope I'm wrong since I'm still using my Note 3 but it seems like quite a long shot to me. 5.1 maybe...guess we'll see.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
You really think AT&T will even bother to release Marshmallow to a 2 year old Note 3? I highly doubt it. I hope I'm wrong since I'm still using my Note 3 but it seems like quite a long shot to me. 5.1 maybe...guess we'll see.

Samsung has been pretty good about updates recently. As far as long-term support at least. Every recent flagship of theirs has gotten two-three major updates

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey my Note3 is finally paid for! (The contract is up this month.) I'd sure like to keep it awhile yet and have it keep up.

Same here. Paid for and still using mine too. Thinking about that new LG V10 though. Looks like a really nice phone. Waiting on a US release so I can go to AT&T and actually get one in hand to try it out. May just end up keeping the Note 3 longer to save the money. Not really sure yet.

Chuckcell

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
AT&T takes awhile to release updates; if we are beyond our contract will they still be pushing out updates?

Also Wife keeps saying we should go with Consumer Cellular or another 2nd tier carrier. This is partially because we never go near our usage cap. How prompt are the second tiers on sending out updates? Better? Worse?

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
AT&T takes awhile to release updates; if we are beyond our contract will they still be pushing out updates?

Also Wife keeps saying we should go with Consumer Cellular or another 2nd tier carrier. This is partially because we never go near our usage cap. How prompt are the second tiers on sending out updates? Better? Worse?
You'll get updates as long as the phone is getting them, regardless of your contract status. You just need to have the SIM from the original carrier in.

Second tier carriers are a lot worse in terms of updates. Definitely not something you'd go to them for

LadyJay0486

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site

I would stay clear of Consumer Cellular. Read Alot of bad reviews about them. If you're looking to stay on ATT network, try their prepaid go phone or Cricket wireless.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

MotoScro

Nov 6, 2015
Visit site
I'm on Consumer Cellular and the updates for my (kinda new to me) note 3 come from AT&T. I don't think CC is involved with any updates. Call them if your unsure. BTW, it's nice to shrink a $120 monthly bill down to about $45.

cdawg4501

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I'm currrently with Cricket Wireless using my Note 3 and still loving it like it's day one of me owning it. My only issue is I'm still on 4.4.2 !!! Do I have to have a AT&T SIM card in it to get the update ?!?

kixfan

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm currrently with Cricket Wireless using my Note 3 and still loving it like it's day one of me owning it. My only issue is I'm still on 4.4.2 !!! Do I have to have a AT&T SIM card in it to get the update ?!?
No. Just hook the phone up to a PC and download Samsung Kies. It will scan for updates and allow you to update your phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca