I suppose Samsung Note 3 is not getting any more updates, anyway to scale screen to fit more text?

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
I've been really irritated that my wife's Note 3 has this huge amazing resolution, yet the icons are just taking up a lot of space, Text Messaging system barely gets 7 texts on a screen (, when reading the messages, the fonts are huge, keyboard takes half the screen size, icons are huge, notification cards take up a lot of space.

Anyway, is there any possibility to utilize this large screen by scaling the icons and texts to show smaller? Home screen gets 4x4, and there is NO setting anywhere to set it to be more than 4x4.

I suppose we cannot get Android M on this since it's not updated anymore and since it's bootloader locked, cannot root it.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
For the homescreen, use an alternate launcher like Nova, which allows you to adjust the icon sizes, how many icons to a row or column, and label font size.

heading4tomorrow

May 21, 2013
Visit site
That doesn't really help with email/messaging/browser/etc.. everything is still huge.
I think main issue is the dpi setting and I guess we cannot change that without rooting.

AT&T didn't release an update for Note 3, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Junkie XL