AT&T, best way to preorder?

jusmebabe

Oct 23, 2012
Visit site
then your best bet is to order it online. they will always open and activate it for you if you go through a store, even best buy.
Its an individual thing. I told the sales rep at BB not to set it up and he left it in the box and I went he and did it.
Just tell the person not to and they wont its not a big deal

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
So i won't be pre-ordering as my upgrade isn't until early June, but when i do, i'm with others on here, i want my hands the first one on the phone and not some nasty oily salesman hands. Never ordered online from AT&T before as i've always gone in store or did my upgrade at an Apple Store.

For AT&T upgrades do you just have to go to that upgrade eligibility check page and then go through there to order it online and then everything as far as new contract goes will be taken care of?

Sucks i have to wait so much longer that people who will be doing the pre-orders but i hope that just means in June when i make my order they will have plenty in stock.

The problem I'm having, is when I go on the AT&T web site to upgrade my iPhone, I get stuck in this endless loop where is continually takes me back to the page to select my new phone, even though I keep selecting one (just choosing the S3 to test the system). UG. I guess I need to get that sorted out before the S4 preorder date.

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
My local best buy now has a samsung store in it. I talked to the guys and they will have the preorder next tuesday as well. Ill probably go there and do the order. They say they should have one on display shortly. Its awesome to see a dedicated store.

majorpayne

May 9, 2011
Visit site
My local best buy now has a samsung store in it. I talked to the guys and they will have the preorder next tuesday as well. Ill probably go there and do the order. They say they should have one on display shortly. Its awesome to see a dedicated store.

Oh nice on the samsung store in it. wish they would know when verizon is launching

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
It definitely is, no artificial scarcity, no BS standing in line looking like a tool so you can be a hipster. I mean really, I walk in, get my phone and walk out. I get the latest in technology and offerings that actually work out of the box and don't require 3 software updates and counting just to maps, security holes, and other half baked features.

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I still can't believe there's no information on release date. I mean geez, we can preorder on Tuesday. Let us know something already...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I still can't believe there's no information on release date. I mean geez, we can preorder on Tuesday. Let us know something already...

Well I ordered an unlocked one and they told me it would ship on the 16th, so im sure AT&T wont get it too far from that

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I did read online the date was the 26th, having not been on AT&T in a long time I am not sure how Friday's jive with their launches or do they just pick any day of the week? Unlike Verizon who seems to always do it on Thursdays which to me is stupid. Just put the FN phone out when its ready and not make people wait.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I have been on ATT for a long time but when they are launching a new phone it seems like nobody knows what is going on. You will get a different answer every time you ask a question. That is why I recommend pre ordering on line when it opens, if you can. I have seen so many people get upset because the employees are really in the dark but they want to try and help so they tell you something that may not be accurate.

If you pre order early on the 16th, you will be among the first to get the S4 in your hands. ATT usually gets the first batch of pre orders out without a problem!

Last edited:

smooth3006

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Any word if exsisting customers can preorder if you have a upgrade? There was a huge mess with the htc one.

Ill still be trying bestbuy tuesday morning. If they dont do it ill go to the at&t store. Is there a specific time preorders start at?

Calidoc

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I can't get into an AT&T store until noon Tuesday. I should be okay to get a preorder right? I don't trust the online preorder as it's not properly acknowledging my upgrade status at the moment. I'd rather just go in and make sure it's handled.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
It definitely is, no artificial scarcity, no BS standing in line looking like a tool so you can be a hipster. I mean really, I walk in, get my phone and walk out. I get the latest in technology and offerings that actually work out of the box and don't require 3 software updates and counting just to maps, security holes, and other half baked features.

This is definitely good to hear. Mainly because i still have to wait till June, so i'm glad there shouldn't be as big of a delay or hard to find even a month after it comes out. When the 4S came out i was calling stores for about 2 months till i finally found one in stock. Glad to finally get away from all that "hype" and get a superior phone.

I was thinking of ordering it online, but knowing i shouldn't have any problems finding one, i'd rather wait less and go grab one in store.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
livinlavidaloca