AT&T Store + Samsung Rep = Great News For All Pre Orders (Hopefully)

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Spoke with a Samsung rep while I pre ordered my GS4 at an AT&T corporate store. While he mostly was just interjecting on sales reps with their customers, getting them to buy Samsung products, I managed to get his attention. The manager of this AT&T store shops at my place of business, so I struck up a conversation with him and the rep . While the Samsung rep was very vague about a "release date", I continued to jokingly ask him when it would come out, and the last answer I got was "I can't officially tell you when it's going to be released. I can tell you though that my boss is very adamant about making sure we are all working VERY hard NEXT Saturday (meaning the 27th). Rest assured I'll probably be doing something *wink wink* involving the new phone on that Saturday".

I guess that falls in line with the phone being released on the 26th (sorta). The manager also assured me (after the rep walked away) that the company fulfills ALL pre orders FIRST before people who walk in the store. If the store is allotted 30 phones, and they get 25 pre orders, the store will receive the pre orders first and then 5 phones to sell to walk in customers. For anyone pre ordering, he also mentioned that the ship dates on the website aren't 100% accurate for every customer. If it's released on the 26th, and you pre ordered the phone, as long as it's not back ordered, the phone will be on your door the exact same date. This also falls in line with every single phone I've ever pre ordered. Not that it's many, but I can remember last year with the GS3 I had mine delivered by FedEx on the same day it was released at the store. Same thing with the GS2 when it finally came to AT&T. And my iPhone 4 before that.

Rest assured, I think most of us will be getting our phones before the end of May. I'm not promising anything, and I know this is just another "rumor" post with no solid fact, but if you're like me I'm really excited for this phone and it's my day off so I'm extremely bored. In my boredom I thought maybe I could satiate your hunger for answers for when this phone MIGHT be released officially. Here's to hoping the rep wasn't just blowing smoke.