ATT move up eligibility date?

Verdes8891

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
Was told instore you can upgrade on the first day of the month on the date it shows. For you means you can upgrade May 1st.that what two reps said att will do.

This is true. With At&t you can upgrade as soon as the 1st of the month comes around. Say your upgrade is may 23rd. Well when may 1st comes around you can go into the stores and upgrade. Even some of the big box retailers can do it.

Source is I am a former employee of att for 4 years and am a current manager for target mobile. I have done this kind of upgrade at both places.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

JL84

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
cool, i gotcha.... but just saying, theres hope for others.... my upgrade is not until next april, and i was allowed the upgrade :)

:cool:

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
This is true. With At&t you can upgrade as soon as the 1st of the month comes around. Say your upgrade is may 23rd. Well when may 1st comes around you can go into the stores and upgrade. Even some of the big box retailers can do it.

Source is I am a former employee of att for 4 years and am a current manager for target mobile. I have done this kind of upgrade at both places.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

This is what I am going to be doing on 5/1, my upgrades on 5/7. I think I would get it faster this way instead of trying to order over the phone. :)

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
The reason why I'm able to upgrade is because I have a 2nd line that is due for an upgrade. My iPhone 5 line isn't due for an upgrade until sometime next year. I'll be buying a S4 Saturday.

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
The reason why I'm able to upgrade is because I have a 2nd line that is due for an upgrade. My iPhone 5 line isn't due for an upgrade until sometime next year. I'll be buying a S4 Saturday.

Ok I'm in the same situation I have a second line that has 4s and it can be upgraded but not sure if I want the s4 gonna wait for it to be I'm store first.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
AHHHHH UGH.

So i called up AT&T early this morning because i was supposed to get a call back today at 3:30pm to get my upgrade going. First rep said i can't do my upgrade till 30 days out from my date over the phone so May 8th. Then that was it and she said sorry.

I called again and this rep contacted her supervisor and tried to get the date overridden and she was able to do that, however she said the price was going to be $299.99 (in my mind i thought maybe this was for the 32GB?) but no she said because its not May 8th, it only lets me upgrade early but not get the phone yet at the full discounted price. So she contacted her supervisor who then tried to override the price and again no luck.

But at least now i know for sure 100% i will be able to call in May 8th and get my upgrade at $199.99. They are on backorder right now for AT&T anyways is what she said, so hopefully within a week they can get their inventory up and i can do overnight shipping or something on May 8th.

Just wanted to pass along the info for anyone else.

And as usual if you go in store the month of your upgrade you can get your phone as early as the 1st of the month. EX. so your upgrade is June 18th, you can upgrade on June 1st.

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I got the HTC One about four months before eligibility date according to their website. $199 for the 32 GB version. Just took a few minutes and a short hold for a supervisor's approval. I think it all depends. I read in a news comment that someone got anearly upgrade and the phone for $99 only. Not sure how much of that story to believe. Guess that person got lucky.

jeffreii

CrackBerry Convert
Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So I got the Galaxy S3 when it was released and have an upgrade date of 1/28/2014.

"This line is eligible for an early upgrade with a partial discount off of the full retail price when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. This line may be eligible for an upgrade at our best pricing on: January 28, 2014. A $36 upgrade fee will apply."

I'm going to the store today because I want to see the HTC One and Galaxy S4 in person...and ask them what kind of "early upgrade" discount they can give me...or maybe I can steal a full upgrade from another phone on my family plan. I'm also going to call customer service and see what they can do for me as well...

I'm not entirely sold on upgrading from the S3 to S4...I kind of want to hold out for the Note 3 or next Google/Nexus phone...but I can still get $300-$350 on Ebay for my S3 and it may be worth it to cash out on that. I'm sure I will be able to Ebay my S4 for at least $450-$500 by the time the Note 3 or next Google phone is released.

rootyourphones

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
So I got the Galaxy S3 when it was released and have an upgrade date of 1/28/2014.

"This line is eligible for an early upgrade with a partial discount off of the full retail price when you sign up for a 2-year service agreement. This line may be eligible for an upgrade at our best pricing on: January 28, 2014. A $36 upgrade fee will apply."

I'm going to the store today because I want to see the HTC One and Galaxy S4 in person...and ask them what kind of "early upgrade" discount they can give me...or maybe I can steal a full upgrade from another phone on my family plan. I'm also going to call customer service and see what they can do for me as well...

I'm not entirely sold on upgrading from the S3 to S4...I kind of want to hold out for the Note 3 or next Google/Nexus phone...but I can still get $300-$350 on Ebay for my S3 and it may be worth it to cash out on that. I'm sure I will be able to Ebay my S4 for at least $450-$500 by the time the Note 3 or next Google phone is released.

Yes I do this every time a new phones comes out I never upgrade I just it flat out by selling my old devices and use the money on the newer devices .but if uograde to the s4 u have nothing to lose when the note 3 comes out u can still sell it for 500 just like I can sell my note 2 for 600 still.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
AHHHHH UGH.

So i called up AT&T early this morning because i was supposed to get a call back today at 3:30pm to get my upgrade going. First rep said i can't do my upgrade till 30 days out from my date over the phone so May 8th. Then that was it and she said sorry.

I called again and this rep contacted her supervisor and tried to get the date overridden and she was able to do that, however she said the price was going to be $299.99 (in my mind i thought maybe this was for the 32GB?) but no she said because its not May 8th, it only lets me upgrade early but not get the phone yet at the full discounted price. So she contacted her supervisor who then tried to override the price and again no luck.

But at least now i know for sure 100% i will be able to call in May 8th and get my upgrade at $199.99. They are on backorder right now for AT&T anyways is what she said, so hopefully within a week they can get their inventory up and i can do overnight shipping or something on May 8th.

Just wanted to pass along the info for anyone else.

And as usual if you go in store the month of your upgrade you can get your phone as early as the 1st of the month. EX. so your upgrade is June 18th, you can upgrade on June 1st.

You should just go to a store on 5/1, you get it faster and no waiting for it to arrive.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
You should just go to a store on 5/1, you get it faster and no waiting for it to arrive.

I would but my upgrade date isn't till June 8th. In store can only do it the 1st of the month your upgrade is in, so i would have to wait till June 1st to get it in store. But over the phone they can order it up to 30 days before your upgrade date which is i guess what i'm shooting for now on May 8th.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
I would but my upgrade date isn't till June 8th. In store can only do it the 1st of the month your upgrade is in, so i would have to wait till June 1st to get it in store. But over the phone they can order it up to 30 days before your upgrade date which is i guess what i'm shooting for now on May 8th.

Oh ok, that makes sense.

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
After calling 3 days in a row and talking to 3 diff managers this morning I was finally able to get a override they offered me the s4 for the $199 plus $85 but when the rep on the phone finished the transaction i only had to pay $199 plus tax so total was $257.59 so keep calling and keep trying.

Last edited:

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
After calling 3 days in a row and talking to 3 diff managers this morning I was finally able to get a override they offered me the s4 for the $199 plus $85 but when the rep on the phone finished the transaction i only had to pay $199 plus tax so total was $157.59 so keep calling and keep trying.

Did they tell you the phone was backordered?

I'm hoping that rep will still call me today at 3:30 and if not i'll try one more time around 4pm to see if another supervisor or something can get me going. Better to get my order in while its backordered then i'll just have to wait for it to come.

mpdofficer514

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
Dont know if this helps anyone but I wasnt eligible for an upgrade until 5/8. I walked into my local Oklahoma att store on launch day 4/27 and was given a full upgrade for the S4. The rep told me that they can do full upgrade in store as long as you are within 30 days of your upgrade. She also said the only time it has to be in the same month ie: May 1st for me is if you try to upgrade online.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Dont know if this helps anyone but I wasnt eligible for an upgrade until 5/8. I walked into my local Oklahoma att store on launch day 4/27 and was given a full upgrade for the S4. The rep told me that they can do full upgrade in store as long as you are within 30 days of your upgrade. She also said the only time it has to be in the same month ie: May 1st for me is if you try to upgrade online.

Sent From My Galaxy S4 Using Android Central App

i swear...... AT&T needs to inform all stores and all reps of their policies. Its such a tangled bunch of F**K that no one knows the correct answer so those of you getting early upgrades in store or on phone tend to make people like me mad who can't seem to get them (not your fault obviously)

I went into the store this past weekend and they said it has to be the 1st of the month that your upgrade is in. But yah the rep on the phone i talked to said i could go in store and they can do it within 30 days as well. I think i'm going to stop into an AT&T store on the 8th before i call in. I'd rather be able to take it home right then than wait it out.

- - - Updated - - -

September 23 2013

Wow thats just incredible that i'm MONTHS ahead of you and you got it done and i can't seem to. welp AT&T get ready for a barrage of calls until i get my freaking upgrade!!!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta