ATT move up eligibility date?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade date is 5/19 and I want to jump ship from my iPhone 5 to the S4. Anyone have any luck with ATT getting the date bumped up a few weeks? Should I call? Go in?
If I pre-ordered today would I get it the 25th or probably just better to wait til the 27th?

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
When I had them I could always upgrade early... Just had to pay an extra fee. If you want just your normal upgrade you may have to wait.. Unless you get lucky and get a nice sales rep.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.

JL84

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
My upgrade isn't until next year but I called and the phone agent was happy to give me a standard upgrade as I've been with AT&T for like 10 years. However they can't preorder. I went to the store, and one said they don't do pre orders the other the manager was only able to do a partial upgrade...

I have to wait until it is "fully released" then call customer care again!

Hopefully by Friday I can call but looks like Saturday maybe...

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I am a Premier customer. I was able to get an early upgrade over the phone and order the S4. My original upgrade date was 6/13/13. I've been a customer for about 3 years.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
yah i'd love to know, i'll keep an eye on this thread.

my upgrade is 6/6 right now. What i'm really hoping happens is last year my upgrade was 11/25, but on 11/1 my upgrade suddenly was moved up to 11/1 automatically which was great. but it'd only be a week earlier for this upgrade to move to 6/1.

If anyone has any tricks or knows what to say. I wish i could just pay like an extra $20 - $40 or something and get my upgrade a month early. I would very much pay for that... i think haha

I am a Premier customer. I was able to get an early upgrade over the phone and order the S4. My original upgrade date was 6/13/13. I've been a customer for about 3 years.

What does a Premier customer mean? Is this something i could check?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
yah i'd love to know, i'll keep an eye on this thread.

my upgrade is 6/6 right now. What i'm really hoping happens is last year my upgrade was 11/25, but on 11/1 my upgrade suddenly was moved up to 11/1 automatically which was great. but it'd only be a week earlier for this upgrade to move to 6/1.

If anyone has any tricks or knows what to say. I wish i could just pay like an extra $20 - $40 or something and get my upgrade a month early. I would very much pay for that... i think haha

What does a Premier customer mean? Is this something i could check?

Premier is an account that gets a discount through your work. I'm a premier customer so I'll try calling and hopefully have the same luck!

thehatguy

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You won't get a "standard" upgrade if your contract isn't up until next year.

No how, no way.

7 years as a customer and my price was $639.00 to upgrade 2 months early. On the phone or
In the store, same story. I even used the bundled services line, U-Verse/Internet customer, to no avail.

So I just got another line for the S4 and when it comes in I'll suspend the iPhone until the contract is up.

John

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Premier is an account that gets a discount through your work. I'm a premier customer so I'll try calling and hopefully have the same luck!

Oh nice i figured thats what it meant! I do go through my work, got me a nice 21% discount! Guess i'll try calling today. Any specific number you call or just regular AT&T support? Is there a specific AT&T premier number?

Denisej

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
Oh nice i figured thats what it meant! I do go through my work, got me a nice 21% discount! Guess i'll try calling today. Any specific number you call or just regular AT&T support? Is there a specific AT&T premier number?

The number I call for Premier (I live in Illinois) is 1-866-499-8008. Good Luck!!!...:)

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
The number I call for Premier (I live in Illinois) is 1-866-499-8008. Good Luck!!!...:)

Question was this because you have a company phone? or just get a discount with your company email? I tried registering my phone number on premier and it said i have an individual responsibility account. But i do remember putting my company email on my account through premier for the discount i have.

EDIT: Nevermind, i went on the chat window thing they have and i do infact have a premier account, but no luck on the upgrade through the chat person. I'll call in later.

Last edited:

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
My upgrade date is 5/19 and I want to jump ship from my iPhone 5 to the S4. Anyone have any luck with ATT getting the date bumped up a few weeks? Should I call? Go in?
If I pre-ordered today would I get it the 25th or probably just better to wait til the 27th?

AT&T had forever and a day shown my upgrade eligibility to kick in on March 21. I just happened to look at the very beginning of March, and suddenly saw I had somehow just become upgrade eligible.

AT&T had forever and a day shown my wife's upgrade eligibility to kick in on April 18. I looked at the beginning of April, and saw that she had just become upgrade eligible.

There seems to be a pattern here . . . hang out a week past the 4/26 release date until the beginning of May, and I would imagine good things shall come to you . . . .

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I just called and got denied. My upgrade date is 5/21/13. She said they cannot do anything for me unless I want another iPhone. But that when my date comes they will be happy to sell me a Galaxy S4. :(

baf110

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
I just called and spoke to two different reps and got the same story from both. I am on premier. My current upgrade date is 5/10/13. Asked if they could possibly move it up a few weeks so I could get the GS4 when it is released. They said they would be glad to do it, but I would need to place the order through them so they can order it correctly. They claimed they don't have the ability to simply modify the upgrade eligibility date, but rather they order the phone from their system and adjust the pricing accordingly. The problem is that the GS4 is not available yet in their system. Both reps said to call back on the 27th and they would happily order the GS4 at the upgrade price a few weeks early for me. Guess I'll have to wait until Saturday to order.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
I just called and spoke to two different reps and got the same story from both. I am on premier. My current upgrade date is 5/10/13. Asked if they could possibly move it up a few weeks so I could get the GS4 when it is released. They said they would be glad to do it, but I would need to place the order through them so they can order it correctly. They claimed they don't have the ability to simply modify the upgrade eligibility date, but rather they order the phone from their system and adjust the pricing accordingly. The problem is that the GS4 is not available yet in their system. Both reps said to call back on the 27th and they would happily order the GS4 at the upgrade price a few weeks early for me. Guess I'll have to wait until Saturday to order.

Best news i've heard all day!!!! I will be calling on Saturday then and not waste time today.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site

I wonder why the rep I talked to gave me a different story? :( I guess I'll call on Saturday.

Newtoandroid99

May 13, 2012
Visit site
They can easily do early upgrades if you call, I was able to get my wife a Iphone 5 2 months early in March. Not only that but they upgraded her at the discount price and didn't reset her upgrade date. So I am going to user her Original upgrade date of 5/7 to get me a SG4. Sadly I waited to long to pre order, if I order now by calling it would arrive 5/3 according to the att web site. I was in a att store today and they told me that I could come in on 5/1 and they would do the upgrade for me. they can only do it early in store if its the upgrade month according to the manager. Of course they have to have it in stock, I figure I will hit up every store in the area come 5/1 if I need to.:)

EDIT:
I should also mention I am on primer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech