ATT move up eligibility date?

mpdofficer514

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site
I went into the store and was told that once the phone is available in store, they can do the upgrade as long as I am within 30 days of eligibility. My upgrade is due May 8th, I was told that I could pick the phone up at full upgrade price on April 27th if the phone shows up that day. They can't do early upgrades for preorders.

JL84

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You may want to check again. My upgrade isn't Til next April, & I was approved via phone customer care.

But do need to wait until its released

PhillyFlyer96

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
You may want to check again. My upgrade isn't Til next April, & I was approved via phone customer care.

Mine is also April 2014. When I called they wouldnt work with me at all. Ive been with att for 8 years and have 3 lines on my account. Anything in particular you said? I was thinking of calling the retention department and pulling the "it's cheaper to cancel my line and go with another provider than to buy the phone outright" route.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Android Central Forums

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site

What number do you call for phone customer care? I called premier and they said they can't do the pre orders as its not in their system but I had to call phone customer care to talk about moving my upgrade and could then order when it was available.

JL84

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
1 (800) 331-0500

Then to the sales & upgrades line...

We're very nice. Almost more than happy to upgrade me. Just couldn't pre order

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
1 (800) 331-0500

Then to the sales & upgrades line...

We're very nice. Almost more than happy to upgrade me. Just couldn't pre order

You are the man!!! They are going to call me on April 30th at 3:30pm and get my upgrade going and order my S4!!! I know it should be available in stores by then but the store probably wouldn't upgrade for me so I'm happy with this option as its just over a month early!! Plus now it'll be shipped to me and I'll be able to open the box and phone myself rather than an Att store salesman.

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I was having issues with the Lumia 920. I was on my 3rd one (all had software issues), and nokia put out a firmware update that bricked my phone. I didn't want another Lumia because I use my phone for business. It took me 3 hours but they gave me my full upgrade 3 months early.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

JL84

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
You are the man!!! They are going to call me on April 30th at 3:30pm and get my upgrade going and order my S4!!! I know it should be available in stores by then but the store probably wouldn't upgrade for me so I'm happy with this option as its just over a month early!! Plus now it'll be shipped to me and I'll be able to open the box and phone myself rather than an Att store salesman.

Glad to help

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Every time I go in looking at the newest phones every year, they are able to get me some sort of "upgrade." Maybe because I have a govt. discount, or that I've been with them for over 7 years I'm not really sure. I've always believed that they have wiggle room for everyone wanting to upgrade early. I mean this way they don't have to worry about you leaving. I have easily upgraded a year before my actual upgrade before. Just walk in and talk to them. If they can't help, go to another store and try. And if they doesn't work try a third party authorized dealer or whatever. Sometimes they just do whatever to get you a phone lol.

Statusnone

Jul 24, 2011
Visit site
Every time I go in looking at the newest phones every year, they are able to get me some sort of "upgrade." Maybe because I have a govt. discount, or that I've been with them for over 7 years I'm not really sure. I've always believed that they have wiggle room for everyone wanting to upgrade early. I mean this way they don't have to worry about you leaving. I have easily upgraded a year before my actual upgrade before. Just walk in and talk to them. If they can't help, go to another store and try. And if they doesn't work try a third party authorized dealer or whatever. Sometimes they just do whatever to get you a phone lol.

AMEN BROTHER. I always get a phone EVERY year and my upgrade eligibility runs supposedly every 20 months. Also been a customer for 8 years, have a premier account, and have paid a hefty bill for a long time. This year my upgrade date was 5/3 but they let me pre order early anyway.

ITS ME DAVID

Nov 27, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade date is 5/19 and I want to jump ship from my iPhone 5 to the S4. Anyone have any luck with ATT getting the date bumped up a few weeks? Should I call? Go in?
If I pre-ordered today would I get it the 25th or probably just better to wait til the 27th?

How is your upgrade date 5/19 I got my iPhone 5 on release date and I don't qualify for update till next year for normal update and says not available for partial discount.

Podunks

Banned
Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... Wonder if I can get them to upgrade me early... Business account for 10 years nearly, upgrade is due 9/13..... Not getting my hopes up, but would be cool to upgrade in May.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Hmmm... Wonder if I can get them to upgrade me early... Business account for 10 years nearly, upgrade is due 9/13..... Not getting my hopes up, but would be cool to upgrade in May.

Call this line that JL84 posted. When i called the rep was able to set up an appointment to call me as soon as she comes in on April 30th to order my phone at the upgrade price. Just be polite! haha

1 (800) 331-0500 Then to the sales & upgrades line...

anon(279851)

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
My upgrade date is 5/19 and I want to jump ship from my iPhone 5 to the S4. Anyone have any luck with ATT getting the date bumped up a few weeks? Should I call? Go in?
If I pre-ordered today would I get it the 25th or probably just better to wait til the 27th?
I'm in the same boat as you. My upgrade is May 13th. Moving from the iPhone 4S and can't decide between the HTC One or the Galaxy 4. But surely you can wait now since it's almost May anyway, right?

kozlosap

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
My iPhone contact us up July 9th and they wouldn't budge and I also used my U Verse + wireless history.. Oh well, I'll cash the iPhone for the $10th until then.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JL84

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
i would call back and just be polite and mention youve been with att for a while and you are really interested in trying a new phone... you just need an agent in a more "giving" mood...

ive had 2 separate ladies and they were both "happy" to "give" me the upgrade if that makes sense lol.... that and as soon as one mentions they can upgrade you, make sure they put that in your account notes... thats what i did... so the next agent can help you once the phone is released since they cannot do the preorder via phone.... also, stores will give you run arounds and waste your time as you wait and wait and wait there inside for them to tell you ya, i can do a partial early upgrade, uh no thanks, good bye....

good luck! saturday is almost here!

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Was told instore you can upgrade on the first day of the month on the date it shows. For you means you can upgrade May 1st.that what two reps said att will do.

JL84

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
i have to refute this as instore employees have different policies than the phone customer care agents.

edit: and even still, the store was ALMOST going to give me the full upgrade but couldn't access the override with their restricted access... only phone agents are capable to override

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy