WiFi Hot Spot - Call AT&T?

CehowardNote7

Apr 27, 2013
Visit site
To enable Wi-Fi hotspots I have to call att?
What's up with that - does it cost extra?

That is why I am going with T Mobile. nothing extra for hotspot, and you get 500mb of data on 5 devices hooked to the hotspot.

ATT was the same way, they want extra for the hotspot.

Right now, with the no contract option, T Mobile is looking good. Shucks, even cricket allows free tethering up to your data limit..

Sprint the same way.Extra for hotspot! Sheesh!

JasW

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
well ain't that a load of ...

Need something free or 1 time cost to provide wifi to ipads without rooting

+1000 on Foxfi. You can't d/l it from the Play store -- it's blocked for AT&T users -- but you can d/l the .apk file directly from the developer (for free). Just make sure you check the box under Settings > Security > Unknown sources to allow installation of apps outside of the Play store.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
+1000 on Foxfi. You can't d/l it from the Play store -- it's blocked for AT&T users -- but you can d/l the .apk file directly from the developer (for free). Just make sure you check the box under Settings > Security > Unknown sources to allow installation of apps outside of the Play store.

I'm pretty sure pdanet owns foxfi now. The free version is now ridiculously crippled and they make you have pdanet just to use it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
It's pretty funny they lock a feature down just so they can charge more for it.

If you are rooted, you may be able to install wifi tether for root users, to get around it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
You dont necessarily have to "pay" for tethering. It comes included with lots of plans. My wife and I are on a family share plan with 4GB of data. That is adequate to our needs since we are both on wifi whenever we are at home or the office. Tethering is included in the plan. We have a 2d home in the mountains and tether two tablets the whole time we are there on the weekends and have still never gone over 4GB.

Also, foxfi works great and I think the connection is more stable than the native hotspot alone.

sqa4life

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
This is funny. I also have AT&T and I was able to use hotspot on my BB z10, but not on the S4. Both phones have att official build.