Has anybody set this up for their Galaxy S4? I hope I'm doing something wrong, because it seems way too convoluted. I would like to get it going because this sort of feature really saved my **** once.

I have a Samsung account. I am signed into the account on the device. After that, I can't do anything. I don't see anything under Location or Security (or anywhere) to set it up. I went online to Find my Mobile, but there's no way to activate an S4.

I sent an email to Samsung asking for instructions and they sent a response that they are "unable to help with this matter". Awesome. If anyone has any tips, I'd a ppreciate it.
    05-05-2013 01:11 PM
    Re: Find My Mobile for S4... after more than an hour in Live Chat with Samsung, I have found that Find My Mobile is simply NOT available for ANY Samsung device in the US. After an hour of trying to pose questions this way and that, I FINALLY learned that it WILL be available SOON in the US. So they say. I can hardly beleive they don't have this when other manufacturers have had this capability for a while. "Soon"... I wonder what they mean. Supposedly if/when it is available we will be notified by Samsung and/or our carriers? (Mine is US Cellular).
    05-06-2013 01:32 PM
    Thanks for the info. I found an app called Androidlost that works really well and supports a ton of features. It installs an icon labeled "Personal Notes" on your device. You then open it and allow Administrator rights.

then you can go to Androidlost.com to track your phone, sound and alarm, pop up a message, etc. It's a very basic interface, but all of the commands I tested worked very well. If you're interested:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...om.androidlost
    05-06-2013 01:55 PM
    I was just coming back on here on to recommend to you one I found, SeekDroid, which works extremely well also. Sounds like you have a more-than-satisfactory solution of your own though. At least we don't have to wait for Samsung to get their **** together... If a couple of smallish app companies can do this so well, it is mystifying that Samsung can't.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...edia.seekdroid
    05-07-2013 09:28 AM
    I'll second SeekDroid for Mac users. The other rec'd above did not work well with my Mac.
    06-08-2013 01:27 AM
    Re: Find My Mobile for S4... after more than an hour in Live Chat with Samsung, I have found that Find My Mobile is simply NOT available for ANY Samsung device in the US. After an hour of trying to pose questions this way and that, I FINALLY learned that it WILL be available SOON in the US. So they say. I can hardly beleive they don't have this when other manufacturers have had this capability for a while. "Soon"... I wonder what they mean. Supposedly if/when it is available we will be notified by Samsung and/or our carriers? (Mine is US Cellular).
    I was able to set mine up, but I have the international Version
    I'd suggest using TrustGo Mobile Security from the Play Store...it works much better
    06-08-2013 01:34 AM
    Re: Find My Mobile for S4... after more than an hour in Live Chat with Samsung, I have found that Find My Mobile is simply NOT available for ANY Samsung device in the US. A
    Same here, spent long time with ATT support who contacted Samsung and got the same reply. AVG antivirus has a find my phone option which I am currently using.
    06-08-2013 05:07 AM
    Disappointed when I found out it wasn't available in the US...

This is where Apple has Samsung cornered big time. Native apps like Find My Friends and Find My iPhone. They are underrated and so useful.
    06-17-2013 06:06 PM