"Fully Charged, Unplug Charger" Notification is Overheating my Phone

diggit

May 9, 2013
Visit site
I leave my phone on charge overnight as I sleep but when I wake up, the phone is burning hot (55 degrees Celisius)
I checked the "battery" section under settings and it said that my screen has been on for 3 hours straight.. :eek:
I realized it was because my phone would become fully charged and the notification "Fully charged, unplug charger" would come up and keep my screen on until I woke up..
I've had my phone on auto time-out after 3 minutes of inactivity, and lock after 5mins.
What should I do? How do I get rid of this notification/make the screen turn off after the notification comes up? :-X

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I leave my phone on charge overnight as I sleep but when I wake up, the phone is burning hot (55 degrees Celisius)
I checked the "battery" section under settings and it said that my screen has been on for 3 hours straight.. :eek:
I realized it was because my phone would become fully charged and the notification "Fully charged, unplug charger" would come up and keep my screen on until I woke up..
I've had my phone on auto time-out after 3 minutes of inactivity, and lock after 5mins.
What should I do? How do I get rid of this notification/make the screen turn off after the notification comes up? :-X

Maybe shorten some of those times

Colonels

May 1, 2013
Visit site
i was thinking that maybe some of the new sensors are a little wonky, so like your phone screen turns on from the notification and let's say something was laying across the screen like a bed sheet, wouldnt that set off the proximity and air view sensors to keep the phone on? or should the auto time out 3min override the air view sensor?

diggit

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Wow sorry for the late reply, not used to this forum yet! But I don't think any of the sensors are keeping it up, I've turned everything off.. I've also shortened the time as smooth4lyfe said but that didn't help either :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

ibcnul8ter

May 1, 2013
Visit site
Reports are coming in from users of Samsungs? new flagship Galaxy S4 that the device is getting a little too warm for comfort.

It seems users of the Exynos Octa chipset variety are experiencing overheating issues, which is having a massive impact on battery life.

One user even went as far tracking the temperature on his Galaxy S4; getting 27?C when idle, 35?C when browsing or checking email, and 40?C when playing games!

Some are theorising it?s to do with the location of the Exynos Processor, being too close to the radio and battery, compounding the heating problem. Whatever the cause is, most are recommending you turn off bluetooth and GPS (unless currently being used), dim the screen, and put the phone into power saving mode to restrict the processor.

Hopefully Samsung will have a proper solution to this soon and we?ll update this post if we hear anything.

Source: XDA Developers Forum

diggit

May 9, 2013
Visit site
My phone gets hot pretty often. Apparently 40 is normal for the S4 but it's a little too hot in my hand.. Yes, for gaming it often hits the 40s but in idle it's around 25 and for light usage it's in its 30s. When I charge it goes up to 55 then restarts itself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Android Central Forums

jagan164

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My ATT- S4 Over heating - I am afraid my ears will burn..!
Its been 7 days since I own this device. My S4 is heating up more when I turn on 4G (ATT). I am really afraid to make calls as I feel it is going to burn my ears..! On WIFI its getting hot when I am playing games. Not sure what do . When contacted Samsung they simply asking to Factory reset the phone and refusing to replace it.

Please advice what to do now ?

Thanks

ladyesmiles

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
Download Du Battery Saver, free app in the app store. It will optimize your phone, tell you what to turn off, give you suggestions on how to keep it cool and help you charge your phone correctly. Never charge these S4's overnight even though some people say it's okay. When it is fully charged you are supposed to unplug it. You charge it when it is 20% or less on a fast charge to 80%, then a slow charge to 100%, then remove the charger. Phone will then not heat up and battery will last a very long time. I am getting 3 days on one charge with this little app. Turn off the app. when not in use. Also, always swipe down and turn off things your not using or get Llama app and set some conditions up that will auto do that for you. When I'm in the office, I turn of blue tooth, gps, data, etc. and use wifi, low screen brightness.I always have on the fun stuff, smart gestures, air view, S-voice, sync, and am still getting a great 3-day charge now. My phone does heat up when playing games. I don't think there is really any thing you can do about that.

HalfHour

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Also having a lot of trouble with over-heating on my Samsung GSM Galaxy Nexus 4.

Seems to be chronic, with heat far in excess of "typical" much less "tolerable", coming from the processor region of the board (lower left of camera on underside).

Mine has been aggravated by a flaky/dirty micro-USB jack. I've cleaned it up a couple times, but problem still occurs.

Let me make it clear, the battery itself has not overheated, but it has been cooked by the chronic overheating from the phone internal circuitry. I have to go replace it.

Why does Samsung push this under-tested, flawed kind of junk onto the market?

swimmaholic

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
This may not be selected but go ahead and look. Go to developer options and make the Stay Awake setting isnt checked.

Posted via my HTC One or S4 using the Android Central App

Goldwin S

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Re - Which is the best charger to use for s4?

can we use that comes in the box or any other which is good and efficient to charge?

Kindly suggest for S4..

jlopez1286

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re - Which is the best charger to use for s4?

theres a setting on developer setting to turn off wake during charge... my phone dont heat up..

Kristopher Ulibarri

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Yeah my phone is doing the same thing and it burned me and Verizon sent me a replacement and the first day I got it overheated again so they are sending me another but the replacements are all refurbished. So I don't recommend thus phone it will burn you.:(