Google Play Equalizer - Randomly shuts off

GeeCabbage

May 9, 2013
Visit site
Hello.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4, and I switch music players...between doubletwist and google play. I like Google play, but when I have the equalizer on, it shuts off whenever I'm using other apps, which dramatically boosts the volume of music.

It's not the end of the world, but it gets annoying. Has anyone had this issue? If so, any remedies or suggestions to either minimize or eliminate this problem?

Don

YourBuddy2

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue but found a workaround. The equalizer is actually built into the phone but utilized by Google Play music. It appears to have a flaw where it is killed by the OS because it doesn't have a persistent notification in the status bar at the top.

The solution is to replace it with a new equalizer, which has the added benefit that it can EQ other apps such as Slacker.

Here's how:
Download "Equalizer" in Google Play.

Then go to system settings, my device, sound, music effects. Set it to equalizer (not MusicFX).

You will find the new EQ is accessed from inside the Play Music app or can be configured as a standalone for any other music app without failure. Just don't disable the persistent notification icon inside equalizer.

Last edited: